Postage help!

Hi everyone, hope you are all well and safe. I need some help with understanding postage vs additional items. I have had a buyer comments, she ordered 4 x different listing items and it has charged her £6.10. Am I doing something wrong. Appreciate your comments and feedback :heart::rainbow:

I see you have different rates for different listings so obviously it will depend on the combination of things she ordered.
It will take the highest ‘base price’ for the 1st and I think add the highest additional item price * 3 for the other 3 so easy enough to get to that figure. Not sure what you expected it to charge but unless you set an individual listing to base price £0 then each piece will be charged even if only at the additional price.

Perhaps think about what effect adding an dditional item makes to your total postage cost. My base price on my listings is £3.70 ist class small package. If I had set up 50p for each additional item against all listings then :
1 = £3.70
2 = £3.70 + 0.50 = £4.20
3 = £3.70 = 0.50 + 0.50 = £4.70 etc…

I really ought to get round to doing this but I have a lot of listings and it would take me all day to change them all so will leave as is and continue to refund the customer if they end up paying to much. Customers are always quite happy with this.

I assume your last 4 sold pieces are the ones you mean… It quite correctly works out at £6.10…sorry about the format but think it’s understandable :slight_smile:
Sorry no idea why it’s bold…

United Kingdom £0.00 £0.00

=£0.00

United Kingdom £3.10 £1.50

= £0.00 + £3.10 = £3.10

United Kingdom £2.00 £1.50

= £3.10 + £1.50 = £4.60

United Kingdom £2.00 £1.50

= £3.10 + £1.50 + £1.50 = £6.10

Assuming it was the last 4 items showing on your ‘Sold’ page, then the postage is correct for what you have listed. The most expensive postage is £3.10, and 2 x additional items are showing with addidtional postage of £1.50 each. The 4th item you have done with free postage so no extra for that. £3.10 + £1.50 + £1.50 = £6.10. The only way around this is in future is to reduce the additional postage charge, or refund any excess charge.

Thanks so.much for your quick reply. Makes absolutely sense. I will refund and then go through my items and relook additional items.
:heart::rainbow:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I will have to look and change my additional charges. Have a lovely evening :heart:

Hi Emily,
I tend to build postage costs into the item price, though there are for and against reasons for this. If you have quite different sized items then it may be worth doing.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thanks so much :wink: