Potty about Pottery....ceramics, pottery, PMC and polymer clay showcase thread

I noticed that there wasn’t a thread for “clay” so if you make work from pottery, PMC or polymer clay…show your work here:

I’ll start with one of my newer items - large floral patchwork bowl:

8 Likes

That’s beautiful, Sarah!
Here’s a little box topped with polymer clay foxes…

8 Likes

aww - they are so cute :slight_smile:

I don’t have any pottery in my shop but would like to mention mini master pieces by a couple of others…
first up @LittleTrinketGirl does some amazing applique with polymer clay

and @karenscraftybitz makes some super cute characters out of polymer clay but these made me drool

Sasha

7 Likes

Thank you so much Sasha, you’ve made my day. What a lovely thing to read :cherry_blossom::tulip::blossom:

2 Likes

I can confirm Sasha’s @SashaGarrett post above. I have one of Jo’s @LittleTrinketGirl very pretty pendants and I love it. It is beautifully made.
Here is another, I really like…

6 Likes

Pauline, thanks so much for your kind words, it means a lot, especially as my motivation on here has pretty much dwindled to nothing now.
I’m glad you enjoyed your necklace though, it’s nice when people take time out to say nice things :butterfly::cherry_blossom::hibiscus:

5 Likes

Awww what a lovely idea for a thread @thedotterypotter :blush:

Thank you so much for the mention Sasha @SashaGarrett

Karen xx

2 Likes

I’m busy working on a new Mokume Gane block & glazing some pieces. Thought I would show you a little work in progress :blush:

Karen x

8 Likes

I’ve listed these marble effect Polymer Clay earrings today :blush:

2 Likes

A little sneak peek of some small earring studs which are almost ready to list. I just need to find a room bright enough to take some photos.
It’s a little dull and rainy today. :blush:

Karen x

4 Likes
2 Likes

A lovely thread. I also work with polymer clay, here’s a miniature Black Forest gateau I made… it took far longer to make, bake and decorate than a real cake would have… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I used to really enjoy working with polymer clay years ago. Recently I realised I missed it :sob: so I’m starting again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face: :+1:

I work in stoneware clay. After a slow drying the pieces are twice fired, first to 1000 degrees C then after glazing the interiors, a second firing to 1185 degrees C. Each firing takes about 11-12 hours. You have to be patient to be a potter!

1 Like