Radio 2 tonight-Selling crafts online

There was a brief item on Radio 2 Drivetime tonight in the business bit about making crafts and selling them online, the expert used Etsy as his example, why can’t Folksy be mentioned just for a change,being a British site, perhaps because the BBC has never heard of it.

Paul

1 Like

Hi, I heard a bit of this and the Etsy example. It would have been good to have heard Folksy, maybe next time. Liz

I think the BBC have heard of Folksy because 2 years ago on their news page they did an article about the rise of people selling handmade products online. They mentioned Folksy and Etsy and I remember the views went up hugely.

I’m pretty sure, about a year ago or so, James on TV. I don’t remember in what show he appeared. He was talking about Folksy…it might have been the BBC.

Hearing someone interviewed on Woman’s Hour five years ago is what made me join Folksy. I wonder who it was …

James was on BBC Breakfast, it was a great interview!

@norfolkwoodcrafts About 23,000 people work at the BBC and each programme has different researchers, production teams etc, and I’m sure many many people there have heard of Folksy. It just depends who is making the programme in question, as to whether they have heard of it or not.

Natalie x