Re-Selling

I think I reported it all one by one and even sent links from the website I found, I have to say I’m surprised there is no one on duty at the weekend we could get up to lots of naughtiness :smiley:

1 Like

Yes it’s all still there but from what people are saying it won’t be long before it’s gone

2 Likes

The one I was looking at is not in the listed section. Glad to say!

1 Like

My mistake sorry it’s still there :disappointed:

Oh dear, must be a different one to the one I spotted. Are they definitely not Handmade? @studiojeweller

@Amberlilly I think they probably are handmade yes but in Thailand they have been bought in to sell I found the shop online they came from

Right @StudioJeweller so they are outside of the UK and not allowed. The one I spotted was clearly mass produced!

I’m not sure the seller is outside the UK I think she has bought them into the UK to sell. Re-sellers of made work is not allowed or so I thought.

Drop folksy another email with details of the shop (and where they are buying the stuff from), point out that you sent them the details over the weekend and were wondering how the investigation into whether they should be allowed to sell on folksy was going. It might be a bit more complicated than we think and fall into the grey area of assembled jewellery or your original email has been buried under an avalanche of us reporting other things.
Sasha

1 Like

Hi Sasha yes will do thanks, cursory glance yesterday and i thought they had gone

Sometimes items are designed in the UK and made up overseas - that’s allowed on Folksy - but this one sounds like a simple bought-in one, so not allowed. I often flag up items that appear to be flouting the rules, but they don’t always disappear. I imagine admin have to contact the seller to establish how they are made before deleting them.

Keep reporting, maybe they have quite a few to check out???

Another site (won’t mention the name) asks for photographed evidence of handmade items- all the stages of making. A good idea and it gives folks the opportunity to clear themselves of any skullduggery.

yes but I don’t know how I would take a photo of myself knitting/or sewing or doing anything as I only have one pair of hands lol

1 Like