Re-Selling

Hi i noticed a shop earlier selling made-up items bought in Thailand are you allowed to resell on Folksy i though it was just supplies you could ?? are we heading over to the dark side or have we already gone

Pretty sure it’s not allowed, you need to report them to admin.

3 Likes

I must admit I reported someone earlier in the week…making their own ‘copies’ with well known names splashed all over them…but they are still selling them…
It just looks bad for the whole site…

2 Likes

Hi , I have reported them and sent a link to the shop they buy from but now I just noticed one of there items is showcased on the front page :frowning:

I think you’ll have to report them to the copyright/trademark owner so they can report them to Folksy Admin

I also have reported a shop for buying in stock, not checked tho if still there?

2 Likes

@EileensCraftStudio they are not a copy they are items bought in to resell from A jewelry wholesaler in Thailand

Folksy are pretty good at looking into reported items. I’ve reported resellers before and their items have been removed. It might take a little while for Folksy to check it all out but you can be sure that if there are people reselling and they’ve been reported that it will get dealt with accordingly.

2 Likes

Yep that is something you can report straight to folksy but I was referring to Kim’s post which I think is about copyright/or trademark infringement.

Sorry if I caused confusion :blush:

1 Like

@Beledien that’s good to know thank you

@EileensCraftStudio oh sorry :grinning:

That’s ok not worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think it depends what it is - you are allowed to resell items that are considered supplies eg. Beads, findings,fabric etc but only in the commercial supplies catagory. Assembled items must be hand made

So-oo disappointing! I had a look at the favourite finds section and found the items you are talking about quite easily. The shop has about 7 items listed, all in the same style and obviously made in bulk. The seller has no avatar and a standard shop banner, so why did Folksy showcase the item? I’m struggling with this because I’ve put a lot of effort into improving my work and my photography recently in the hope of being favourited but to no avail. I’m not saying they should favourite my items, but it’s a kick in the teeth when you realize what you’re up against. Thanks for letting everyone know…it shakes my faith in Folksy as a platform, though.

Love Sam x

4 Likes

I do wonder if it’s some algorithm that looks for keys phrases rather than a real person picking the items.

1 Like

Even if it was an algorithm picking the items, you would hope that a human might vet them before showcasing them! sigh

7 Likes

I’ve been alerted to several overseas based sellers because their work has been on the front page (normally in the recently listed section). I’ve let folksy know and the account has always been suspended within 24 hours, I’m sure on Monday it will get removed but unfortunately the office isn’t occupied over the weekend.
Sasha

3 Likes

I sell far more on another site than I do folksy but I’m trying really hard to get my shop filled and items noticed because I would really like it to work on here and this be my main selling platform. 99.9% of my work is handmade by me, but then I see stuff like this and within a day one item has sold and I do wonder why I bother

2 Likes

Type bracelet in and you will find an obvious one!!! Still here after being reported!

2 Likes

I have noticed lately that there are non UK residents opening shops but as said once reported Folksy are great about shutting them down.

They also will shut down resellers. Now resellers haven’t been much of an issues until lately either.

I think both must be a indicator that Folksy is being found by more people. We just have to report them both when we see them as Folksy is very good at removing shops that shouldn’t be here.

Folksy admin are extremely helpful and friendly :smiley:

2 Likes