Sales on Folksy

good idea i will get onto making silk roses today.x they are just very time consuming!

ok black roses are up let me know what you think love other opinions!

I canā€™t seen any black roses in your shopā€¦

Thanks @JoSara , what you say is helpful. Iā€™ve had mixed comments about twitter, some think itā€™s great, others not so much. Iā€™m still unsure about it! Iā€™ll give Craftjuice a go though. Itā€™s all time consuming though, my shop is part time and I slightly resent the time not spent making!
Thanks again, Teresa

Hello,my Folksy friends,

I am worry - one year soon and no even one little sale(((( I am working so hard,but no resultā€¦ I start to think,maybe my creations are no good enough to buy?((((

Iā€™ve just started my 7th(!) year on here and itā€™s awful. My sales were building year on year and 2012-13 were brilliant. Now it seems Iā€™m back to year one. Perhaps folksy ā€œimprovementsā€ have helped some people but not meā€¦

2 Likes

Hi Christine
I feel the same way - no sales and the views are up and down. Really demotivating! Laying out money but nothing coming in. What to do? I also use Facebook with a weekly listing. I find that unless friends/family share your page it really does not go anywhere. Likes are nice to see but it is the ā€œsharesā€ that gets your name/craft out there. No matter will keep at it - never know your luck!

1 Like

My last sale was November last year which is very dissapointing and thatā€™s the main reason I havenā€™t been listing anything. Iā€™m really uncertain as to wether to just wait another month or so and start listing my Christmas things and test the water that way. If things donā€™t sell then, then I know where I stand.
Iā€™m always on Facebook and my folksy link is every where.

1 Like

Sorry to hear youā€™re finding things hard and feeling demotivated Pauline, @Emily02 and @coatimundi. Have you had a look at the advice in this new blog post - itā€™s a checklist of things you can do to improve your views and sales.

Could have some useful tips? Is there anything I can help with?

3 Likes

I shall have a read of this later @folksycontent and thank you.

I love Folksy and am glad that I recently went for the PLUS account. As Dandelionā€™s gallery has saidā€¦the fees on here are MUCH cheaper than a craft fairā€¦where else could you show your work to possibly hundreds of people for 18p??..not even in a sweet shop window !!!..
Someone recently offered to put my paintings on their online websiteā€¦no listing fee BUT they wanted 35% of any sales and I still had to pay for paypal etcā€¦ I told them "No Thank you I get a better deal on Folksy!"
I DO think that you need to show your work on facebook if you can, put your shop address on any business cards and promote yourself as best you can. Also join in on the chat threads and get to know other people on here. Sometimes it is hard work doing the promoting but I am a pensioner and donā€™t go out much and if I can do it then you can too.
Try to list something every dayā€¦I think this works better than listing a whole load and then nothing for a while. If you are on the high street you would stop looking at a shop if the window always looked the same, so it is always good to have new items to look atā€¦then people will come back to see what is new.
I hope this helpsā€¦

3 Likes

Hi Camilla, not sure why my reply did not go through - apologies - just wanted to say thanks for the advice will defo look into the blog. Kind regards Emily

1 Like

I think something has changed on Folksy. Last year I got lots of sales, then around summer it stopped. I havent changed how I promote my shop, I still tweet and FB it. I am just not getting the sales now.

Iā€™m still selling steadily but the last two years have definitely been different on Folksy. This time of year is always slow. I find things start to sell faster around October until Christmas. Donā€™t give up - Iā€™m sure things will get better after the Summer holiday.

1 Like

Hi Angela @SerendipityJewellerybyFinch - nice to see you here!

It is a slow time of year. Think Iā€™ve had 2 sales this month. In general, itā€™s been slower for me here on Folksy this year than in previous years. However, I still love it here. Hang in there, your jewellery is lovely.

Thanks. Itā€™s nice to see you here too. I do like Folksy, but tend to make more sales on the other side.
Slowly trying to start concentrating more on the business now.

Hello everyone!
My name is Lina and I am running my little shop WooLofLina . Next month will be a year as I am on Folksy. I do promote my shop on FB, but didnā€™t got any single sell ā€¦((( which is very sad and frustratingā€¦ I honestly dont know , what I am doing wrongā€¦((((and how to rock sellingā€¦

Hi Lina. You have some lovely things in your shop. Just a few suggestions which might help.
You havenā€™t filled in the ā€œMeet the Makerā€ section of your shop, which is where you can expand on your craft, similar to the sentence you have included in ā€œBuying from meā€ section. I donā€™t know if anyone looks at it, but itā€™s best to complete it.

Also would it be an idea to put your items into ā€œcollectionsā€, i.e. bootees, shawls, etc. This can be found in your Dashboard, Shop Settings, Collections, where you can create section for your different items, you can swap them around by dragging them up or down. Have a look at another shop to see what I mean.

Hope your sales happen soon. Marg.

1 Like

Hi Lina, your stuff is lovely. I hear your pain, it has taken me ages to reach my 50 item sales target. Folksy seems little slow but hopefully it will pick up soon. Donā€™t get disheartened. I agree with Marg to have collections it makes it easier for the buyer. Chin up the sales will come Iā€™m sure Kind regards Emily

Dear Marg,THANK YOU so much for Your advise!!! I did work on it today and You know what I did notice? That when i did open one of my items for review-it was no tags !!! So i did spend some tome to review all my items and was adding again tags! ā€¦still donā€™t know why it did happened?.. Have a nice weekend

Best wishes- Lina

1 Like