Sheffield Suggestions

I am dog/ house sitting over the half term for my cousin who lives in Sheffield. Don’t know anything about the area and was wondering if anybody had some recommendations? Thank you in advance!

Not been to Sheffield for years but have found this if any good: https://sheffieldmakersshop.com Looks as if could be a good visit. Also know when we visited there was a wonderful arty style shops opposite John Lewis at the back streets up a metal staircase. Sorry do not know if still there or not.

Must admit had not been expecting to like Sheffield but loved it. I had to find all the indies whilst DH was at a football match!!!

Thank you very much, makers shop looks great, will definitely go exploring round the back of John Lewis too!

I’m sure you will get plenty of suggestions from other people.
Whereabouts are you?
If you are nearby, the botanical gardens are lovely.
In the centre is the Millennium gallery and the Winter garden.
If you have a car, there is the Peak District.
Or if you like shopping - Sheffield centre, also, there is Meadowhall, you can get there by train or tram. Also, Ecclesall Road.
Crucible theatre.
Just a few ideas.
Hope you find something. Quite jealous, it’s ages since I have been to the centre.
Dawn.

Thank you for all those excellent suggestions. Will be in Woodseats and do have a car - hadn’t thought about the Dales, great idea.

If you want to walk with the dog(and hopefully the weather will be kind) the Rivelin valley is lovely, as is the Longshaw estate. Dogs are allowed in Chatsworth gardens (on a lead) but obviously not the house. All of these are near to Sheffield. You can also walk along the river Don in many places.

Thank you, I am reliably informed my charge has boundless energy so the Rivelin Valley and River Don sounds perfect. I have some googling to do!

1 Like