Should be penalty and a red card!

I have started to re-list often, usually daily. Even those shops who re-list their whole stock will only be on the FP a few moments before the next shop re-lists their stock. To be honest, I don’t really re-list to be seen on the small bar at the bottom of the page, as most buyers don’t even notice it - as mentioned by Camilla

I re-list to re-new the time frame when my items expire. I have been selling on Folksy many years now and I truly don’t think the re-list function gives you any great advantage as most people use the search facility to find what they are looking for.

Jacqueline x

4 Likes

I NEVER look at the “recently listed” section, and having search results sequenced by “most recent” is pretty pointless too. I guess somebody does, or it wouldn’t be there, but I’m just not a “browse” kind of person - I don’t have the time.

If I want a turned wooden bowl then that’s what I would search for, and I wouldn’t really care whether it was made (listed) today, last week, or last month.

1 Like

I have been on Folksy only a couple of months but haven’t got anywhere near the front page and my new listings didn’t seem to appear I looked through 15 pages of relisted and couldn’t find a single item. It would be good if admin reviewed the system for promoting newly made or added today rather than relistings.

I’d better issue a warning :

I’ve not been able to complete any work for 3 days as my soldering iron broke. Now a replacement has arrived I’m soldering for England (apart from a quick break to check my mail and get a drink of water). So tonight I will be adding about 12 lIstings. :smile:

5 Likes

Hello!

I half agree half disagree. There shouldn’t be a penalty or whatever, but should be some limit, as if someone can make “quick” projects, then they have more stuff in their shops and it cannot be comparable with those, who makes “slower” projects. E.g.: who knits/crochets a blanket, it takes more time to make some polymer clay rings. That’s why you will see more polymer clay rings than blankets, and, later whoever makes the blankets, will find an other way to sell… This is my opinion.

And, if I see lots of the same items at once, it makes me feel those are not unique, so probably won’t buy it - as most of the people here wants to buy/sell individual, unique products, not some factory like ones… :smiley:

And, if you’re amongst the “blanket” people, be patient, and post 1-2 items every day, or every 2nd, 3rd day, until you reach a nice stock level.

Have a lovely day!!! :smiley:

Completely agree Fiona! I too have absolutely no interest in the newly listed section on the FP … but I do care about the subsections, that my items appear in, and crave variety within them.
If I’m browsing the site I generally stop at the 5th page … I have a small attention span … and think why should I expect more from a potential customer? I have therefore resorted to re-listing a few items now and then to ensure at least one or two of my books appear within the first 4 pages of a section. Oh … and I … like many people on here practise “Slow Art” … although that often translates as ‘too flippin’ slow to get off my bum and list something new’ … :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Glehcar, Rachel, I don’t think we are criticising someone who only lists seven items at a time… the sort of numbers we’ve been complaining about are twenty, thirty etc, all at once (or even a re-list of someone’s entire shop inventory), which fills the whole screen/page of a search result list - either on the “Recently Listed” link, or where a search brings up a results page of similar items (eg. earrings, badges, errr…racks brain for inspiration… marmalade! :wink:).
Seven is very restrained, I think!

2 Likes

My big bug bear about Folksy Plus is that you can’t pay through paypal, where I hold all my money for fees etc, and I have to set up something through my bank that’s why I am not considering the Plus Account.

@Melsey you don’t really have to “set something up”, it’s just a one off secure payment with your debit card, and it doesn’t auto-renew once it’s expired.
so it’s just like buying off any other internet retail place that doesn’t have paypal as an option.

2 Likes

I agree in theory but in principal I don’t want another to sign up to another fairly unheard of financial institution to be on another mailing list that my details will then get sold on or stolen from.

It doesn’t seem to be affiliate to any company that has a financial track record that I can see, and ultimately I can’t understand why Folksy didn’t use multi methods, such as paypal that it already uses.

Well I renewed my plus account and I’ve never had any thing sent from the go cardless people or any kind of spam.

6 Likes

Me neither, they take the money and that’s it. I’ve never had another word from them. It’s not compulsory, so if you don’t want to, don’t.

4 Likes

I’m fine with the Go Cardless payment. It’s just a direct debit from your bank account.
I’ve paid for my Plus Account 3 times this way now.
Each time I have to authorise it before the payment goes ahead.

I assume that Folksy are using this method because of the extremely high fees Paypal charges.

It’s a way of collecting money off your customers by direct debit without having to pay high bank charges.

I have a business Paypal account and business bank account. I buy supplies from various places and so I need to be able to make bank payments as well as Paypal payments. Not everywhere accepts paypal.

Shirley x

5 Likes

I took the plunge on Friday and became a Plus account shop.
I was abit worried about paying with GoCardless initially, but advice was given on the forum, and once I discovered it was a one off payment with no automatic direct debit surprises I gave it a try.
I’m glad I did as I’m loving my new shop features and its so nice to list without watching that monthly bill tot up.
Fingers crossed now the sales fairy comes back out of hiding :grinning:

Karen :blossom:

8 Likes

I have also never heard from the Go Cardless people, whoever they are, and you always have to authorise payment, so I don’t even think it’s a direct debit as they don’t have access to your bank account. It has worked for me for the past three years, though I also wish you could pay with PP as that’s were all my business money is kept as I don’t sell outside of Folksy. Never mind, the system does seem to work.

Liz
x

YES I DO WANT TO CONTINUE THIS OLD CONVERSATION, FOLKSY. I wish I had seen this years ago. Seeing that it has been an issue for so long makes me more annoyed.
I hope you are still on Folksy so you can read this, I am going to look for you in a minute, but it would not surprise me if you had left. You said this 4 years ago and it’s still going on and I’m so angry about it. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were newly listed items, or items that had been relisted after expiry. Is it right that an item is still being pushed to page 10, minutes after listing? BY ITEMS THAT ARE RELISTED EVERY DAY?? This is so wrong GRRRR…

Get a grip - you’ve already started a thread about this, why bump up an old one?

2 Likes

I agree with you on this @BizzyLiz it is unfair for small shops like yours & mine & other small shops

1 Like

I’m sorry. You are totally right. I was angry. If I could take it back I would, My mistake

Yes, but it was wrong of me to start this thread again. I’m ashamed of myself. Also, I thought ‘shop talk’ was a private area only for sellers, but I was wrong and I am sorry about that also. Someone kind has removed my other thread to the private section where it belongs.