Show your projects that are not for sale

Just finished a textile artist trading card for a swap. Took me forever but I’m pleased with the result.

5 Likes

every year I make my grandson a tree decoration, I always let him choose the subject, last year was Darth Vader

1 Like

Sometimes you need to make something just for fun.
Meet Mr Croaker, made from a silk remnant.

4 Likes

laser cut stand made of plywood for my very first exhibition! the idea was to engage visitors in painting & decorating the stand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A cushion for my baby step-grandson

2 Likes

I’ve made my cat and dog a small quilt each for Christmas from our old t-shirts. Minnow was on hers while it still had pins in it! Here is Brock’s (dog’s):

2 Likes

I’ve just finished these commissioned cushions. Client had Harris tweed offcuts and wanted cushions that reminded her of her holiday on the island.

7 Likes

These are lovely @Beesandblossoms. I love the embroidered details. They’re very tactile

This was a commission for a customer that saw my sheep tote bag at a Christmas fayre and asked for the same design on a cushion.

5 Likes

I had an illustration published in this month’s SCOOP magazine. It’s a magazine for children aged 8-12 and the article I illustrated was all about eating insects and the future of food production. It was fun to receive my copy through the post. Cricket sandwiches anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Illustrating a story; more drawings to come:

3 Likes

This necklace was made for my gymnast daughter

4 Likes

Most items I make end up in my shop, but I must admit I love making/ wearing handmade socks !!! so when I get a chance to make , these never end up for sale ! I like to make on two needles as DPN’s just make my hands ache ! Perfect for this weather !

5 Likes

This was a recent commission I was asked to do. I used cross-stitch for the lettering which I really enjoyed as I hadn’t done any for a few years.

5 Likes

I have just finished these. They have been made using stones from an old brooch that my customer has had in a draw for 30years. Hopefully they will get more wear now.

7 Likes

I’ve recently learned how to knot pearls (my business goal of the year) and have made these for myself as I actually had 2 matched strands. Black/peacock pearls knotted on amethyst silk. I wear them everyday and am looking forward to doing so at fairs when I’ll have knotted necklaces ready to sell.

4 Likes

Im a coffee lover, I made these earrings for myself :smiley:

2 Likes

Heres a card I made mum for mothers day

1 Like

Hand drawn Lampshade.

Unicorn felted bowl / tray . A request for my daughters friends unicorn-loving daughter!!:joy::joy::see_no_evil: Something a bit out of my comfort zone , but I’m ok with the result and hope it fits requirement !!!

3 Likes