Show your projects that are not for sale

Things you’re making from yourself or friends, exchanges etc.

I have just completed a pin cushion for an exchange on a craft forum but went the extra mile and made a sewing needle case to go with it.

13 Likes

This cherry orchard painting is one of my favourtie’s, so it’s a keeper :slight_smile:
cherry orchard trees

14 Likes

I’m lining a 1940s suitcase as the first part of a custom cat bed.

11 Likes

I spent 3 weeks of evenings and weekends hand knitting a big cot blanket in June for a friend’s new baby, in double knit cotton and merino yarn. I really really enjoyed knitting it and didn’t want to stop! I had to though, otherwise it would’ve ended up being double bed sized!

7 Likes

My daughter asked me to make her a toiletry bag when she went abroad earlier this year so I made one based on her childhood drawings where carrots always grew above the ground.

TOIB029

9 Likes

I made this bag for a friend who wanted a satchel to carry her vinyl 45’s in when she is doing some DJ ing!

7 Likes

I made this bag for a special friend, I don’t often make bags for sale as there too time consuming, but I enjoyed making this one :blush:

13 Likes

Im dressmaking this weekend for me, with this fabric

5 Likes

I just finished my dress!! Ive been a busy sewing bee. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday. I made a simple dress with belt out of gorgeous butterfly and bird fabric. I just need to rejig some things then its wearable(hopefully)

8 Likes

I had fabric left over so utilised some bamboo handles Ive had for over a decade(I knew they’d come in handy one day) and made a matching bag.

8 Likes

Excellent idea

This bag is just for me, been threatening to make it for 2 years and if I didn’t do it now, my winter coat would have worn out.

12 Likes

I made this bag for an exhibition of work my local craft club are holding. It is a sort of upcycling/recycling project as I have used ribbons for the strips. The ribbons are all from either toiletries, gifts, clothes, cakes etc and have names etc on them.

5 Likes

I love it :smile:

I do love making things for bits other people would have thrown out. :slight_smile:
It reminds me of the selvege edge quilts and bags I’ve seen on pinterst.

I have my boho memory cross over bag. I created it from clothes ie hubbies shorts, mothers old works uniform dress, mother in laws left over fabric from her cushions, some lace from my old nightie, and a crazy patchwork panel from my leftover scraps Oh yes and I have altered the stitching on the lace where it slipped and went off wonkie.

4 Likes

Great idea! I love the way you have used the pocket. I find it very satisfying when you can make something useful out of fabric (or anything really) that others would have thrown away. Also they are one offs so no one else will have the same as you.

Just finished for my new grandson, born last Saturday

6 Likes

These are for my sisters birthday

8 Likes

Stunning :two_hearts:

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!

I made this bracelet. I used to make lots of jewellery then got distracted by photography!

2 Likes