Show your projects that are not for sale

This is a pencil sketch that I started drawing a while ago and havnt had a chance to finish. :smirk:

5 Likes

I have projects that I do to learn a technique. This is a horse based on Rachel Norris tutorial. Could never sell it as it would have to be unbelievably expensive for the many, many hours of work it took.

5 Likes

A quilt made for my Son and Daughter in Laws 1st Wedding Anniversary. A mixture of straight line and free motion quilting.

10 Likes

I made this scarf so I can list it in my shop but I loved it so much, I kept it for myself. It is so soft!

I sell the pattern instead.

1 Like

I made this ase from some ends of scrap yarns. It’s not lined yet but will be eventually. It holds my new smaller bible.

With the last bits I made this origami style crochet pot holder for my kitchen

1 Like

This is a WIP for a local quilters group challenge - one A4-sized textile ‘page’ per month. It is my third attempt at a topic, and it shows seasonal colour for each month with an abstract, hand pieced pattern, that will hopefully all join together when it’s finished! Five months down and seven to go… (it is pinned over another WIP… story of my life, lol).

2 Likes

Really love

Some cross stitch and Blackwork items I’ve made for Exchanges

2 Likes

My nephew asked me to make a penguin for his teacher.IMG_6588

2 Likes

This is a blanket I have made for a local charity

4 Likes

Here’s a shawl I recently knitted for myself (I’ve just finished a bright rainbow colour one for my niece too)

7 Likes

I designed this and made it for a friend

6 Likes

I designed and created this Autumn theme shawl for a Exchange it is now on it’s way to Norway

1 Like

I made these little silk bags for a very special commission, found it hard to part with them.
Same with the cushions also silk.

3 Likes

A dish I burnt for my mum’s birthday.

5 Likes

I found an antique wooden box which I’m making into a fully kitted out sewing box for my daughter firt Christmas. I’ve burnt a design into the lid and will do some more on the front I think then I’ll line the interior. I bought a couple of lovely sewing accessories from Sue Trevor to put inside. (Thanks Sue!)
https://folksy.com/search/items?q=Sue+trevor&commit=Search

3 Likes

Carrie, that is beautiful, I was hoping we might see it! I’m beginning to wish I was your daughter now :rofl:

So many talented designers and makers on here! Beautiful work.

Here is a challenge set by my local quilters group, “Solway Quilters”. We each made two identical nine patch blocks of patchwork; one was kept for the ‘before’ example, and the second pieces were put into a bag and distributed at random to other group members. I was given one in pale green and white with a muted pink centre. They are not my usual colour palette choices so it was interesting to source other fabrics to match. I decided to applique my ‘flowers in a vase’ design in felt with free-motion embroidery to the centre and finish it off with a couple of borders. We have to take them in for our Christmas lunch next month and I’m excited to see what everyone has come up with.

5 Likes

I have just finished this little bag for my 4 year old granddaughter as part of Christmas present. The applique is an ‘LOL’ doll.

3 Likes

I’ve just finished this Alice in Wonderland print for my lovely wife :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I made these 2 wall art pictures but my wife liked them so much they are now up in our sitting room…going to make some more very soon though

2 Likes