Small Business Saturday - British Crafters

Good morning! I can’t find anything about this on the Forum so don’t know if it is being embraced on here but…

Today is Small Business Saturday and whilst the initiative was established to try & get people to shop locally I think that shopping from your PC with small UK businesses countrywide is equally vital to keep us all afloat!

I thought On British Crafters today we could do something different and whilst popping a link for a shout out for yourself is of course fine - and we really want to help you as much as ever, perhaps today you could also pop a link as a shout out for someone else too - maybe someone not so internet savvy or someone struggling with sales this year.

On Twitter use ‪#‎SmallBizSatUK‬ to join forces with other traders too and tag #britcraft if you want to give us a wave too!

Dottie x Come & join in!

3 Likes

I’ve just written a quick blog post about Small Business Saturday http://ldr-illustration.tumblr.com/post/134585647347

I’m offering 10% off Folksy purchases today with the code SBS2015. You can also find local small businesses in your area with the Small Business Finder at https://www.smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com/small-business-finder

1 Like

Sorry Dottie I missed this one this morning. I’ve actually been out at a Small Business Saturday event run by our local Federation of Small Businesses team!

There were lots of different kinds of businesses there, as well as speakers on various topics, and even a local MP. We all need to help promote each other when we get a chance like this :smile:

1 Like

Sounds brilliant Simone @rosesworkshop Some areas really seem to have their act together this year to support each other! x

I’ve had my best day for sales ever, ok they were at a local craft fair & over on the dark side, but they were sales. i don’t know whether customers are buying more today consciously but I did notice the same last year too. Yay for small business saturday. I hope its been good for everyone else too

2 Likes

Been generally good. Probably people catching up with shopping.

1 Like

What a brilliant day! Thanks to everyone that came over and joined in! It really is amazing what can be achieved when we all pull together. Love the crafting community xx