Small Business Saturday

Hello - I have only just learned about this initiative but will do my best to join in as it’s a great idea.

@sianfolksy and @Folksycontent - will Folksy be joining in with this too? Maybe we could have a Facebook ‘promotion’ which features lots of Folksy shop owners as the ‘face’ behind their creation e.g. photos of the shop owner holding one of their products or working in their studios/ crafty space.

EDIT - I’ve just realised this is aimed primarily at bricks and mortar shops so maybe not for us… Will delete the thread but can’t seem to find the delete option at the moment lol!!

1 Like

It would be nice to join in, we are small businesses :smile:

2 Likes

Dont delete the post. We are not insignificant because we are online shops. I bet B&M shops have an online outlet too.

2 Likes

I think it’s still relevant to all small businesses, so I wouldn’t delete it. Whenever I hear of small businesses I always think of Folksy shops! :smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately so many small businesses the length and breadth of the country are struggling or have vanished completely that in some areas shopping small and shopping local weirdly means shopping online because there’s nothing left on the high streets.

A big push on facebook would be great to see, with a lean on local maybe, even City/County shout outs by folksy and sellers from that area showing off an item in the comments.

1 Like

I love the idea of promoting Folksy next Saturday and letting people know of the variety of shops, its like shopping in one of those little shopping centres with all gorgeous small shops except you can do it in the warmth with your coffee!
Perhaps everyone should promote at least one shop on their facebook, blog etc

3 Likes

ohhhh anyone in near me ie Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire boundary if so let me know your shop and I’ll promote you as a local seller in my area :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great idea @EileensCraftStudio . We are in York and happy to promote our local sellers, let us know who you are

1 Like

Anyone in Lancashire and I will promote on Saturday morning ?

1 Like

I have scheduled six posts on facebook over the Saturday and Sunday for eight businesses who regularly comment on my page. Just so happened most are based fairly locally, but I would like to know who else is based in colchester or nearby.

I think we are all small businesses …

Hope people think online too.

Hazel

2 Likes