Take part in our online Folksy Christmas Market!

lol Joy well that’s quite a nice reason for being turned down! Are you still going to do the market part?

Seems to me that Pedddle choose only those who will make them the maximum profit. Let’s face it, they’re there to make money and you don’t get something for nothing. On the High Street are the same, elitist and hideously expensive for buyers. I’ve seen stuff on there that’s five times the price you can buy it elsewhere. They are a business and making money is their business. They can’t be blamed for that, I suppose, but one thing I hate and loathe is feeling as though I’m being ripped off. So, taking money off people to put in your coffers when you have every intention of rejecting them seems very much like being ripped off.

1 Like

Call me cynical but there’s no logic in rejecting someone with good sales when you make commission on those sales.

Someone wrote about NOTHS vague, elitist rejection letters.

“pss off we don’t like your stuff” would have been slightly more positive because at least its not so vague.*

1 Like

I have only been able to download one photo - that’s all; am unable to do anything else. I have found nothing on Instagram messages. Maybe they will be contacting people nearer the time.
SallyAnn

I am signed up to just do the online market in December and it appears if you are just doing that market and not joining Peddle then you only put one picture up that then links to your shop so that traffic from the market gets directed to your Folksy shop. I had two emails from peddle one had a link to take me to Peddle page. I was a bit confused at first reading about waiting for instagram message but then realized when I scrolled to bottom of page that it was for Peddle members and it was different for just being a guest. I am going to give it a go and see what happens, will upload a photo nearer the time as I need to watch the helpful video on how to do it a couple more times to try and understand it. :smiley:

2 Likes

On my Pedddle stall page the 8 featured pictures are the first 8 from my Folksy page and they link directly to the actual listing. It’s my understanding that if something sold from those 8 then it would replaced by the next picture from your Folksy page. There is a direct link to the shop page. If you take part in an online market you choose one picture which is used in the preview of who is taking part and that picture links to your shop page. I think that’s right but I’m new so may be mistaken :blush:

2 Likes

I already have a page linking to all 60 listings on my Folksy shop page on my own website … which is a shop front site only, I don’t sell through it, just direct to my actual shops.

.https://www.joysofglass.co.uk/folksy-latest-pieces.html
I do get traffic from my website… one of these days I must follow an Analytics trail to see if any click through to sales come from there :rofl:

Setting up a page like mine is easy if you have a website… Folksy give us s widget… I played with mine to extend to the whole page… Thanks Folksy… Been meaning to say… it is Brilliant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Joy
Just wanted to ask about the website widget business lol how does this work? I’ve just set up a wee website, which I do sell through, and wondered if you could explain a bit more about the folksy widget bit? Sorry if I’m a bit dense xx

On your dashboard left hand side, under shop settings there is 'Widgets".

Click it and click “select widget style”.

I would have gone for “Shop order” and then “Large grid 4x4”

This generates the code you can see above the images .

(CAnt directly copy the code to show you as it is just that, code, and it vanishes into my post !!)

I use Create for my website and it allowed me to add an HMTL fragment so I used the widget above but edited it (after a bit of experimentation) to have a 4 x 15 table instead of just 4 x 4 …That meant I had to change the height appropriately from 1030 to 3863…

Then I created a page for my Folksy Latest and added the fragment of hmtl code to it:

Really pleased with how it works… I have to say that I am ex-IT BUT not modern IT like this, only had a couple of years exposure to modern web-based code.I worked on enormous IBM /ICL mainframes but as a result of my years of very technical coding at machine code level have a lot of confidence to mess around on computers.

Hope you can follow this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Joy! You continue to live up to your name! Thank you so much! I am not IT adapted lol but you make it sound like I might be able to do it! THank you for taking the time to help.
Be super blessed xx

4 Likes

Same here. That was my question to them but they never responded.

Where does it actually say that? I can’t get beyond the inputting one image part.

I think it may be just members who can select 8 images. It was on the my stall page for me and Pedddle sent an email that showed you how to add pictures.

I think that’s the impression I’m getting too. The fact that they haven’t answered that question, says it too. Or I can hope that I’m just enquiring too soon maybe??

Here’s what Camilla has said above (post 22) on how the market works:

“there will be a landing page on Pedddle which is where the actual market will run. Everyone taking part will be featured on that page - there will be a picture of one of their products, their shop name, a discount code (if you want to use one) and a link to their Folksy shop. Pedddle members will also have a ‘quick view’ button on their picture which allows customers to see/scroll through 8 items in their Folksy shop”

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Lily @LilyLilyHandmade.

I have looked at Camilla’s message, and yes, you are right - there will be a landing page on Pedddle, and everyone taking part will be featured on that page.

I clicked on “My Account” on the Pedddle Online Market just now and it has changed…If I now click on Attending Online Market and “yes” then discount codes and your Shop URL appears (Please enter the URL for your online store). Although nothing happens when I do this, I think personally that I may have been been rather early, and more information will be given nearer the time, once the Folksy/Peddle market is set up. After all, it is only September (well almost October), so we have Halloween, then Guy Fawkes night to contend with first, and as Camilla @folksycontent and Helen @HelenSmith has said, as long as we are a Folksy Seller, we “can’t get rejected” from the Christmas Market…

I have moved on now from being rejected the last time round. Yes, it did hurt at first, but hey, I’m quite looking forward to the Christmas Market now (especially as some parts of the country are experiencing yet another lockdown!!!)

SallyAnn

3 Likes

I think that the online market page only features the next/most recent market and at the moment it has the collaboration market that took place last weekend. The market this last weekend was very well organised so I’m sure that it will be the same for the Folksy market. There are two more online markets through Pedddle before the Folksy one so it may not show on the page yet.

I’m interested Sam and I’m sure others are too. Did your Folksy sales go up during the collaboration market ?

I signed up for the market only , but I haven’t heard anymore about it , no emails or instructions . I guess I will have to wait :thinking:

I’ve not had the change to the page yet but I’m leaving it for now - as you say, they’ve got other markets in the meantime and I’ve got too much to do at the moment without bothering with this. And as for rejection - I got over that a long time ago. I don’t do well online but I do know that when I do real life and people see my stuff, I don’t have a problem and that thought gives me confidence to carry on (and also tells me my photos are rubbish!!)

1 Like