Today's Folksy Friday is... Garden Birds!

I’m about to share my Pinterest board on Twitter and Facebook too. Will pick some out to share on Instagram as well, and if I can get it done in time I’ll tag those on the board!

1 Like

I love @SueTrevor’s embroidery
https://folksy.com/items/6871112-Bird-Hanging-Decoration

1 Like

A bit late in the day I know but hopefully once I have got settled in my new home I will have a bit more time to take part in things like this. Heres a lovely little wren from @JacquelineOJewellery
https://folksy.com/items/6626690-Large-Wren-Bird-Pendant-Statement-Piece-Handmade-Hallmarked-Garden-Bird

1 Like

I have a few items with birdies on them, here is a cushion

@folksycontent - is there anything you can share, following on from Folksy Friday - for example, did we see x% uplift in traffic to the site or in twitter traffic? It would due great if there was any feedback on what happened as a result, and would also encourage more people to take part (which in turn would increase traffic!). Of course, given the referendum, any stats this week might be skewed but if there are stats you can share, I’d be very interested!

:slight_smile:

Thank you for the lovely shout Roz @OrchardFelts xx

Thanks @AppleQueenJewellery :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

It’s really difficult to judge based on this Friday Heidi, because it coincided with the EU referendum so you’re right that the results will be skewed.

Our impressions on Twitter almost doubled so #folksyfriday definitely had a positive effect there, with lots more people talking about Folksy and sharing. However, visits to Folksy on Friday and Saturday were down by around 20% (which is a huge drop) but that’s maybe what you would expect with so many people feeling uncertain about the economy.

Next Friday should give us a clearer picture (unless the news overtakes us again!) but the more people we can get involved the better. Also, blog posts and Pinterest boards have a longer-term effect too, so they’re not just good on Friday but they’re evergreen content so they keep getting views and keep people clicking through. And the more links in there are to Folksy products the better!

So go #folksyfriday - let’s make it huge!!!

1 Like

Thanks @folksycontent - maybe this Friday (or some other week if plans allow) we could have a ‘My Folksy Friend’ Friday, where we share a picture from someone else’s shop. Be inclusive for all and is something I can definitely do on Twitter and FB (I don’t really engage with Twitter but this would help me!). People might be interested in what the ‘Folksy’ tag is and so help increase awareness of the Folksy brand as well as individual shops.

You can still do that as #folksyfriday Heidi. It will run each and every Friday and the idea is to showcase things you like made by other people, but just use the #folksyfriday tag to share.

So you can share something from someone else’s shop on your social media pages, create a collage of your favourite things and share on Facebook or Instagram, make a Pinterest board on a particular theme or create a blog post, or just take part on the forum. We wanted to create lots of ways to get involved so everyone can take part if they want to.

This blog post explains more. Let me know if you have any questions though, because if you do other people will do too.

1 Like

That’s great - I will do that then! I have a bit more time this week so can plan what I will be doing - last week was a bit hectic! :slight_smile:

Although he is steampunk he is still a garden bird…
https://folksy.com/items/6875087-Owl-card-Steam-punk-owl-card-Friend-card-Arty-card-frameable-card-Frameable