Undelivered parcel?

Hello.
I have sent a parcel that has been attempted to be delivered twice. If the customer is out a third time I believe it will be returned to me. I am wondering whose responsibility will it be to pay the postage to have it resent? I have sent many parcels in the past and all have been delivered on the first attempt. I would be very grateful for any advise or shared experiences.
Thank you.

Have you contacted the customer to tell them?
Sometimes the postman “forgets” to leave a card about the parcel.

If you haven’t contacted them, then I would asap.
And very politely tell them what is happening and that you cannot be responsible for paying for the postage a second time. They may not be aware that it will be returned to you.

I would also ask them to confirm their address to you, so that you can be sure it has gone to the right address.

Shirley x

1 Like

Hello Shirley,
I had contacted the buyer the first time and reminded her of the tracking number and gave her a phone number to call. I was emailed back and thanked.
The second time I have heard nothing back when I emailed! They may have gone away for half term. It all feels a little too disconnected.
Thank you for your message. X

Hi (don’t know your name)
@AbsolutelyClay

Not a lot more you do then really. You’ve done everything that could be expected from you.

On a completely different note, why not put a link to your Folksy shop in your profile?
That way if people click on your little avatar on the Forums they can find your shop.
Also if you log out of the forum and then log back in, a link to your shop should appear at the side of your name.
We all like a nosey in each other’s shops and you never know, might lead to a sale!

I had to search on Folksy to find your shop - lovely pots!

Shirley x

Thanks Shirley. I have altered my profile. I haven’t really used folksy talk before. :-). Thank you for taking the time to look at my work and you’re kind words. I think it’s time to put the kettle on and have a closer look at talk and a little nosey at your shop. :slight_smile:
Have a lovely day,
Juliet.

@AbsolutelyClay Juliet, do stick around, it’s so friendly in here. Love your shop, especially the Dad heart mug and the Beautiful You mug.

Stephie

Thank you @StephanieGuy for being so friendly and liking my stuff. I love making it. I love your commission work, well all of it really. :slight_smile:
It’s great having a connection with other makers. X

1 Like

My parcel was delivered to the initial destination in the end. Phew. :slight_smile: And the customer was happy. :slight_smile: However this could easily happen again. Should we have a little clause about the responsibility of redelivery being the customers? This may be a purchase deterrent though. Any thoughts!

1 Like