Variations - what do you need?

I make cards and I would like to offer different verses in my cards as well adding their own words or leaving blank

Great Idea Camilla - For me chain length,16, 18, 20 " stone colour, plate colours - goldplated / rose gold plated / font for hand stamped items and number of charms. Also hook / post backs for earrings. :slight_smile: Grand.

Excellent! Iā€™ve been holding out for a while but want to close my eBay shop (so expensive now) where I sell jewellery and sewing supplies along side my handmade items but having no variation boxes on Folksy would have meant I would have to list my zips 24 times! so bravo for getting this option on Folksy! I would obviously need up to 24 variant options (colours and size) as soon as its live I will switching over.

Hello! Variations would be fabulous! On my cake topper listings I would like to be able to offer a choice of colour/finish. Sometimes people forget to let you know when they message you and can delay the order being made depending on how quick they get back to you. Have also had someone order who didnā€™t give me their choice and their email didnā€™t work.
I also sell things that would need a few variations- for example my table name places. I would like to offer a choice of finish as well as a choice of quantities to order.
Hope it can be introduced! Thanks xx

I would find colour variations up to ten say, very useful.

colours! would be fab!

I design and sell phone cases. Device variations would be great, at least 10, or even more, as there are new models coming every year. Would be great to do custom variations. Thanks.

As with some others on here, I would like to offer various ring sizes, gemstones and chain length for necklaces.

Iā€™m a card maker and would love for buyers to be able to
1 choose size (with different price categories for each size)
2. colour scheme
3. whether they want an insert and if so, the wording they would like
4. if they want to customize the sentiment on the front of the card Iā€™d like a fill in box for the details.

At the moment, where there are options, I have to establish my customersā€™ requirements by email, which can take several days.
Variations would be brilliant!
Annie

1 Like

For my custom pet and house portraits I would like size variations in inches.

For my greetings cards I would like number of cards to be variable so that I can offer discounts for multiple purchases.

1 Like

Yes Pleeeeeeease @folksycontent It would be so helpful to offer variations. But I think that, in order to work, they would definitely need to be customisable by the shop owner. Also, it would be important to know if there is a plan to charge for each variation that you listā€¦? That could make a big difference to the uptake. Since I let my Plus Account lapse, Iā€™m finding it frustrating to have to pay extra up front when I have more than one of a particular item. Maybe Plus Account customers should have variations as a free option? Might make me reconsider the Plus Account again?

Jane x

2 Likes

:grinning: that would be great! Fabric pattern and colour, would be so useful for my cushion covers. Or even to have the option to add an item for an additional price.

As other jewellery makers have said, the main variations that would be useful are colour, chain/necklace length, bracelet size and material for earwires (ie silver plate, sterling etc), but these would need to be able to have different prices.

The most important to me would be the choice of material for earwires, then different chain lengths. These would make a huge difference!
Debbie x

I think varieties to list generally for most products are sizes, colours, fabric choices, those sort of things. As then listings of an item made in multiple sizes wouldnā€™t need to be duplicated for each size making for a tidier shop front.

For me, variations in size of prints I can offer, at the moment I have to list each print in my shop individually for the different size. i.e. print 8" x 10", print 11" x 14", print 16" x 20".
It is very time consuming and also means i have the same image multiple times in my shop.

Louise

Variations would be very useful to help the customer choose a more personalised item.

There are many options that would be useful for jewellers -

Ring sizes - quite a number of options here as there is a large range of sizes available

Colour - for stone setting (and possibly sizing as well) also oxidising or not

Chain length - always a useful option

Personalised stamped jewellery - where the customer can decide how many characters for their personal message and which ones to use

This is a rough outline of what would be most useful - I think it would be really helpful to have more options available.

Caroline

The ability to add variations to my greetings card listings would be the one thing that would improve Folksy for me and make me want to list here more often.

The variations that would be most useful would be different occasions or sentiments for my cards e.g birthday, motherā€™s day, get well etc or even just a drop down menu with option 1, option 2 etc so buyers can choose from a list written in the description.

thanks
Helen

I rely on variations a lot on etsy and on my own site ā€“ I just signed up for Plus before realising that variations are not an option here which is a real shame as itā€™s such a useful function so would love love love it if you could develop them here.

I would want variations to list size (dimensions) and whether a print came with a frame or not. The ideal would be to custom name the variation type, custom name the variation list and be able to have different prices for each variant.
So

1. variation options that can all be custom named and custom priced
  2. prints, size and whether with a frame or not
  3. size, framed
  4. Minimum 6
1 Like

Iā€™ve just joined Folksy and begun to list items, and I was very surprised there is no option for variations. I make jewellery, so the sort of options Iā€™d use are:
Chain/cord type (silver plated, sterling silver, leather cord, etc)
Chain length
Gift wrapped (Y/N)
Delivery options (express, signed-for, etc)
And maybe a custom option for when I offer items that can be strung in different orientations?

I really hope you implement this soon - it will improve the site greatly and save lots of time.

I do hope you have a licence to sell your Disney and other copyrighted goods!