Variations - what do you need?

Another jeweller here, I would like a variation for ear fittings , I offer 3 types.
Bangle, ring and chain sizes would be good.
Finishes eg. matte, polished, oxidised.
A postage option for special delivery would be good too.

Great news. Iā€™d very much appreciate the following variations:

Framed/unframed
Colours
Size - I have the same picture design in large and mini sizes

If you could find any way to introduce variations in postal charges too that would also be fantastic, ie let customers choose whether they want standard 1st class or signed for etc

Thanks - Alison

Yes, yes, yes !!

Much as I hate to say it, the easiest explanation is to look at my ā€œotherā€ shop in this screenshot:

You can see a dropdown box of available variations which covers most things, but if you need something they havenā€™t thought of you can add your own.

It is possible, but not compulsory, to have a different price on different variations. e.g. in the screenshot I offer the notebook cover only for a cheaper price than when including a notebook too.

You can also select when a particular variation is no longer available, while still having the rest for sale. e.g. I will soon have no diaries left, but that is no reason to de-list the notebooksā€¦

I normally only use one variation at a time because of the detail available on each variation. I can see a use for two at once, e.g. size and colour.

The lack of this function is why my other shop has so many more listings (and five times the sales) of my Folksy shop. It would be wonderful if we could do this here at Folksy too :grinning:

2 Likes

Very excited to hear there may soon be variations :slight_smile:
Iā€™d like a few standard ones for jewellers, most have been mentioned already - size (rings), Length(chain) finish (eg chains - ball/belcher/trace) - there is loads that I would use, so a ā€˜custom setā€™ where I can use my own rather than pre set ones would be of most use!
Number - At least four. Would it be possible for there to be a pricing part of the variations - eg choosing a particular chain may be more expensive so adding a variation where I could say it would be Ā£2 more would be super useful! Additionally, my bug bear on the other site that I use which offers variation is that only the first variation can alter the price- having that price change facility on all the different variation options would definitely get me listing more on folksy.
So excited to see what happens next on this! If you need any testers or feedback on this Iā€™d be more than happy to help!

As I recently added woodturned lamps I would like to be able from a drop down menu offer two or more prices, i.e. Without lamp shade and with lamp shade.

Great news! Variations would be so helpful.
I would really like the following with the ability to add a different price to each option.

• Size: Ring & bangle sizes
  • Length: Chain lengths
  • Colour: For stone choices - stones vary in price so being able to add a different price for each option would be useful.
  • Finish: choice of pattern or finish ( e.g. hammered, polished, oxidised etc.)

As previously mentioned a postal upgrade option would also be useful.

Thank you

Ooh, variations would be fab!

I do personalised pet signs, and Iā€™d like to be able to offer variations for whether they have holes at the top, at the sides, or no holes, so that I donā€™t have to do a separate listing for each type of sign (I have to do that at present, as sometimes itā€™s hard to get hold of customers to find out where they want the holes).

Also, background colour - I sell these signs elsewhere and can list colours for customers to choose from for the signs.

Those would be the most helpful for me, personally.

This would be so useful. Please do develop further. I would love to be able to list various options for different device models for my phone covers, kindle covers and tablets. Also, if possible, different colours/fabrics.

Variations would be fantastic and would help no end . I would like to be able to offer 2 or 3 size variations for my bags and 4 colourways. Great to know Folksy are considering this.

Happy to hear youā€™re considering introducing variations.

I would particularly use size variations (1):

• For cards, Iā€™d offer a simple choice between A5 and A6.

• For prints each seller is likely to be offering different sizes, so a way to type in your own dimensions (cm/inches) would be really useful. If not, a simplified choice of Large or Small might work if we used the item description field to give more specific info on what the options mean.

Another useful option would be to specify quantity/pack size (2):

• i.e. One listing for a greeting card, with the option to buy a single card at Ā£price1 or to buy a pack of several cards at Ā£price2.

For prints framed vs. unframed (3) would be also be helpful.

Hi, been hoping for this for some time ā€¦ many thanks!

I make jewellery and like many others would like the following variations, if possible:

1. Size - length for necklaces; wrist size for bracelets, ring size - about 6 size options for each variation
  2. Colour - for stones, etc - several options would be nice eg 12 for birthstones
  3. Material - ie sterling silver, gold filled, silver plated, gold plated, antique brass, copper, gunmetal
  4. Style - eg for earwires - studs, hook, kidney wire, leverback

I think that should just about do it for me,
Thanks again,
Emma : )

1 Like

Variations are definitely needed :slight_smile: sizes, colour, pattern and finish options (Matt/gloss) would be brill. Up to 8 editable options for each category would be perfect for my shopā€¦ :slight_smile:

This would be great, I sell cushions so it would be good to have variations re size: small, large, oblong, square etc, also re colours and themes mine are of mountain landscapes, but many others have animal/flowers/vintage fabric etc, so I am sure this would all help.

All thanks
Susan

Oh yes please , this would save hours of time spent listing things in separate colours/sizes/finishes etc, I have up to 12 colours and 4 or 5 sizes in some items.
How soon would this be likely happen?
Thanks
Sue

I make cards and would like options of colour and whether a insert is required inside a card, colour options of ribbon for gift boxes/bags also would be great for me :slight_smile:

I agree completely. Check out the competitors build of websites like the one above :slight_smile: you donā€™t need to reinvent the wheel that way

I would love it if at least one variation could be customized. One I need badly is Diameter, not a very popular one, but a custom variation would allow me to add it.

I would also love more postage variations. Right now all my listings have a short paragraph on how to upgrade to Special Delivery, but Iā€™m under the impression that itā€™s costing me points with Google. I know that other sellers are adding something like that to their listings too. It might be useful to many of us.

We would like variations for two different types of products.

The first is for wood and resin pendants.
I would like to give the buyer a choice of leather cord with slip knots, or a leather cord with lobster clasp with a choice of different lengths, or silver chains of different lengths.
The minimum would be to just select the different choice, but being to add a cost for some of the choices would advantageous. I.e. The silver chain would be more than a leather strap.

The second is on the candles.
To be able to list candles by their containers and give the buyer a choice of fragrances. Price additions would be useful, but not so essential in this case.

On a more general note, it would be useful to give a choice of postage. In our case either post or pick up. Obviously not paying the postage if collecting is person.

Thanks

Andy

This would be fantastic Camilla @folksy , like other Jewellers, Chain length, Ring Size, Stone, finish etc,
I only offer 3 chain lengths, but several lengths of leather thong as i make them to what ever size they want, and 3 lengths are available in earring hooks but ring sizes are available throughout the whole sizes, stone variation on rings and Earrings can be as many as 10 and finishes there is hammered, polished, oxidation, some offer more variations
so looking forward to this becoming available, if you need a tester iā€™d be happy to take part. x

I would like to be able to offer different length chains for my pendants - but I would need to be able to price them depending on length. I do this on Etsy so know how varied customers preferences are.
Again if I can price the variations it would be nice to offer upgrades within the listing - upgrade to sterling silver ear wires or add a gift box for jewellery like cufflinks.

1 Like