Folksy Ltd

We are boosting the UK economy - Newspaper article

(Grimm Exhibition) #1

Designers have made it into the papers

(Eileens Craft Studio) #2

Bad reporting business and hobby are two different things.

Hobby is something you do that you don’t charge for

Once you charge it’s a business. DOH!

This should have been reported as small business on the increase or handmade businesses on rise.

(Denise Milward) #3

If only I was average,then!

(Rosesworkshop) #4

Looks like a lot of people not earning minimum wage then

(Christine E.) #5

I earned a little bit less than Imogen in my best year, 2012-1013. Even then, it’s hardly a living wage! You wouldn’t even have to pay tax on it so I can’t believe it’s boosting the economy that much!..

(Stephanie Guy) #6

I suppose there are a few things that will boost the economy,

• regardless of income we have to register as self employed, which takes us out of the unemployment figures and makes consumer confidence go up

• we may not be earning enough to pay tax but PayPal will be contributing at least some revenue to the tax office, although they will no doubt be minimising their tax bill as much as they can

• folksy will be paying tax

• we have to buy supplies in order to create and those supplies often come from a shop or larger busines that will be paying tax

(Eileens Craft Studio) #7

Steph has made some very excellent points :slight_smile:

(Christine E.) #8

Yes she has. But I certainly haven’t been spending much on materials this year. If I were registered unemployed I certainly wouldn’t tell them I had a job if I were only earning £1000 per annum ( although of course I’d tell them about my meagre earnings, but this is hypothetical) Most of my payments through Paypal are not crafts related these days. Folksy is not getting much money out of me because I’m not selling anything. So I don’t think I, personally, am benefitting the economy :slight_smile: