Weekly Art Chat : Monday 27 July to 2 August

I’m around in the background, back from my hols but mad busy with life and commissions. I had a stressful weekend visiting my dad in hospital (who is now home) on Saturday and then spending 6 hours on Sunday sitting with my very good friend’s elderly dying dog while she flew home from her hols in Ireland. He was put down yesterday so we had a wake and shared dog stories in the afternoon.

And then tomorrow we have another Spanish girl arriving…at least I’m not bored :joy:

I really like the close up pic of your panel Hazel, the background is lovely.

Pam your archway is very enticing.

Brenda you sound hugely organised!

Excellent news to hear how busy you are Sara.

Waving Jeanie.

Me too re the hot flushes Margaret, I take a soya drink every day and also evening primrose oil. It seems to help. Mine are worse at night - I’ve just ordered a cotton waffle throw to use as a blanket, hopefully that will help. Duvets are an absolute no go!

That’s an interesting style Margaret, it looks like a long stitch. Nice view, wouldn’t you love to live somewhere like that?

Sorry to hear of your stressful weekend Stephie, both with your Dad and the dying dog. Hope the visit of the Spanish girl goes well, it’s good to keep busy! I’m not troubled with the hot flushes at night it’s during the day they keep coming over in waves.

Yes, the long stitch is quick and easy to do, and better for me after a days computing. I’m not sure I’d like to live in a house like that and Australia would be WAY too hot for me! :smile:

Well Hello everyone, I had planned to stop by earlier this week just never got there, I have no idea what is happening to my time I think someone is stealing it! Yesterday I had a megga clear out of my beads and findings, got fed up trying to find things, all sorted now but took me 5 hours lol!.

I love love love the background and softness of your panel Hazel, lovely piece and well done on the sales too.
Pam you have a great sense of depth in your garden I could easily walk through the archway
lol Brenda, must be something in the air for a tidy up! and Sara good on you with the commissions, my latest is off to the new owner tomorrow, but I enjoyed the challenge, it’s quietened down a bit for me so I can at least catch my breath.
Waving to Jeanie, loved your flower mixed media on FB
Yoohoo Bea, lovely to see you too
Margaret, glad to see you enjoyed the exhibition, we were supposed to be going to one tomorrow at a local County Manor House but postponed as the weather is awful and noone wants to walk around soggy gardens! I always admire your needlework, I just don’t have the same patience as you, the fairy is very pretty and I look forward to seeing the finished work
Hi Stephie, so sad to hear your news, hope your Dad is doing okay sending massive hugs and I hope your spanish Student brings some sunshine with her :sun_with_face:

Gosh what a ramble hope I didn’t miss anyone, also thought I would show one of my latest, not listed yet, this one is alcohol ink on aluminium plate with wire writing, buttons beads and sparkles, along the same lines as the commission I just finished

2 Likes

That’s ever so pretty Max.

1 Like

fabulous work everyone.,…rushing in and out as usual…been busy painting all afternoon…

2 Likes

Morning all, looking forward to seeing some more of your lovely art today.

I’m a bit nervous today. My boss has arranged a meeting for me this afternoon with him and HR. He refuses to tell me what it’s about but says it’s nothing to worry about. Can’t help feeling uneasy, can’t imagine what it can be about!

Good morning all

Love the colours on the ink artwork Max.

Your cottage is amazing Margaret - hope all goes well at work - may it’s a promotion :smile:

I’ve been up early painting. I have a cold and not sleeping well which isn’t good for hubby so I’ve been painting.

I thought I’d try another wildflower meadow in a similar style to the panel one but in my gloss card. It was so much easier and quicker to paint. It has a similar style but not the drama of the one on wood but still fun. It took only a third of the time the wood one took and about a 10th of the wax !!!

Hope you all have a good day.

Hazel <<<< off to clean up the mess I’ve made lol

3 Likes

morning all, the sun WAS shining but now it has disappeared again…
Hope all goes well Margaret…I am sure you will be fine…

Good morning, Margaret I hope everything is okay in work and it’s something positive. I love that style Hazel, the soft background really makes the flowers pop.

Yes we briefly had sun too Brenda but now it’s gone, we had planned a trip to a local manor house to see an exhibition and tramp the gardens but postponed due to weather so I’m off out for coffee and cake instead :).

Just listed some dragons, here’s one of them, just for you Benda :wink:

2 Likes

Purple dragon, just the think to cheer me up! Love the vividness of the purple Max.

Hazel, this style of yours suits the gloss card really well as well as the wood and sounds a lot easier to do. How big is this one?

It’s an A4 one Margaret. I haven’t tried it in a mount or frame yet but it would look best in a frame with no mount or glass I think - I have an a4 one I might try later.

Love the purple dragon Max he looks very proud of himself lol

I’ve just had a folksy sell :slight_smile: I showed a small wildflower picture in FB this morning in a group and it sold :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that’s great news Hazel, my sales on line have been dire this month, good job I did well at the exhibition and have had several commissions, hope August is better.

Waving hi Margaret :wave:

Thanks Max. July has been my quietest month this year but has picked up this last week. I haven’t done a fair or exhibited off line for a couple of months now … Life has been busy and my time has been needed for family :slight_smile:

Good to hear you are doing well offline Max, I do think it ebbs and flows … I’m just pleased that folksy has the odd sale now and then for me, most of my online sakes come from elsewhere :slight_smile:

Just tried my painting in a simple white frame. Think I might listed here ?

1 Like

I’m not overly keen on white frames, they’re maybe a bit too modern looking for my taste. Are you going to sell it framed?

Yes it’s amazing what a different the right frame makes isn’t it. In another frame this will look very different. I have a wood one in this size I’ll try it in that I think.

Not sure about selling with a frame I’m happy to if asked but it does increase the postage cost. I get a lot of frames from The Range now. They have s lot of choice and very reasonable :slight_smile:

I admit that I tend to try to buy unframed paintings of regular sizes, so I can frame them in frames from charity shops! :smile:

I think that’s a good idea Margaret I think a frame is a very personal thing hence why I sell without :slight_smile:

It looks different again in the wood. I prefer the white in this case myself although most of my own wall art are in wood, gold or black frames.

1 Like

I definitely prefer it in the wood, but that’s my own taste! :smile: It would look even more stunning in a gold or black frame!

1 Like

Thank you Margaret. I think I’ll probably list it as it is, no mount or frame and then all the options are open to the owner. It’s good to show it framed too I think it helps when listing to give a few display examples.

1 Like