Weekly Art Chat Thread w/c 21 April

Postcard size flowers on the left, white wax with a hint of silver for the center of the flower …
Daisy ACEO and a hint of pink in the Rose ACEO …

These are fun if a bit challenging … been good to be creative today :smile:

4 Likes

They are very pretty Hazel, especially the top right, the white stamens against the black card together with the delicate petals work really well.

Here are 3 miniatures I painted yesterday for a customer,
the frames I distressed in blue to match the paintings
Got lots more orders from a craft fair I did on Sunday!!!
So will be busy …lovely works listed on here to-day folks!
Jeanie x

7 Likes

Your miniatures are beautiful, Jeanie! Congratulations on the orders, too!
Fab monochrome work, Hazel. My favourite is the daisy ACEO.

Stephie the painting (one stroke) is on again at 7 and 9 tonight…although unless you have sky, you will have to watch it online www.createandcraft.tv Most of it is about painting on cakes but it includes the one stroke painting…I think you can also watch programmes that have been on today…you need to go to the website to see the options… It is a 4 day deal, so should be on for the next couple of days (not sure when the deal started)
Jeanie, those paintings are lovely…those frames really set them off.
Great work Hazel…I once did a lotus flower on black card and it really set it off.
I have been trying (yet again) with acrylics and have done an 11 x 9" bluebell wood…more paint on me than on the canvas…lol…

Fab pub and robin Stephie. Love the splattering on the robin especially.

Hazel those flowers look stunning on the black background.

Pam cute elephant!

Lovely work Jeanie

They are very pretty Hazel, especially the top right, the white stamens against the black card together with the delicate petals work really well.

Thanks Stephie, that one has just sold :slight_smile:

I am about to list the others here on folksy too :smile:

Jeanie you miniatures look wonderful and the frames are prefect :slight_smile:

Waving Margaret :slight_smile:

waving Margaret…hope you have had a good day…and SOOO good to see your Mum joining in on facebook…tell her well done !

2 Likes

Thank you for the comments Guys, x

Hi everyone and loving all your work, the flowers, buildings, robin, elephant and your Cornwall print Trevor.

I’ve had a busy Easter with family down, it was lovely but feeling a bit shattered now!

Had a Folksy sale today, my first for ages. Hoping the improved search is helping. It was this kingfisher pendant and I renewed the candle holder today
https://images.folksy.com/aXRlbXMvNTExMTU4LzIwMTQwMjExLzEwMjUyMDQzMTcxNQ-Q-Q-N/shopitem

Congratulations on the sale Annabel :slight_smile:

Hahaha discourse just told me not to hog the conversation!!! That’ll be me told then, I’ll go and sit quietly in the corner for as long as I can. See you in around 10 mins lol…

2 Likes

Evening all, well done on all of you with sales! All this talk of monochrome art got me thinking about it too - when I first started photography everything was black and white but these days I hardly ever go there, so I’ve been going through a few of my pictures that could lend themselves to monochrome and came up with a few images:

Think I’ll be trying a few more in the future

1 Like

love those Trevor…you can chat now Stephie…are you saying that it was Folksy that told you off?..Not sure what “discourse” is

Trevor, your beautiful rose is looking very soulfully at me and saying ‘buy me’. Can you create an ACEO listing in this version for me, please?

Evening everyone! So much beautiful work on here today, they are all lovely!

Brenda discourse is the forum host.

Trevor your rose is beautiful.

No sooner said! :slight_smile:

I’ve made two available in case anyone else is interested… :smiley:

Here’s the link to the listing

2 Likes

Beautiful rose Trevor, but personally I’m more of a fan of lots of colour! :smile:

Stephie, that feels like a challenge to me, I wonder if I can get discourse to tell me off for talking too much!lol

1 Like

Thanks Trevor! :slight_smile:

My pleasure! :slight_smile: it will printed and posted tomorrow… have to print in daylight as the paper I use is so sublte in the difference between the front and the back I simply can’t work out which is which in artificial light!

1 Like