Weekly Art Chat Thread w/c 21 April

I just checked how many posts we’ve made, I’ve made 212 posts to Stephie’s 224! I need to get chatting!! :smile:

1 Like

Hehe you’re not far behind Margaret, pretty impressive since you’re only chatting in the evenings!

1 Like

Wow Hazel - thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only done 150 … not chatty at all then lol

Good Morning All

I have one more black and white painting to show, need the light to improve to take a picture, its a poppy field this next /last one for now (need to get more supplies of Matt black board).

Back later to see all your art today.

Hazel

PS seems folksy are having issues, my shop items have all been rearranged and I can’t get them back how I want them … new items are on page two !!! not good

This is the latest black and White … with a hint of silver one …

Thought it might be fun to show it with a colorful one in the same size and a similar style

5 Likes

They are both beautiful Hazel. The silver sparkle works really well

I’ve just listed this Yorkshire Terrier Coaster. They were on grass initially but I think the flowers work better.

Good morning all, nice vibrant pictures to set the day… I really do like that monochrome Hazel… can’t see you keeping that one long!

Two new listings from me today, both 7x5 Giclee prints, both classic vehicles - just hope there are some vintage vehicle lovers out there somewhere! :smile:

Huh? For some reason my second listing has completely disappeared… nowhere in the listing sections of my shop at all - wonder what happened there… I’ll be back with that one in a bit…

2 Likes

Right, that listing completely dissappeared and I’ve had to relist it again…

1 Like

Love the bus Trevor and the terriers Annabel :smile:

I’m having an offer here on folksy today …

1 Like

Morning! I’m late on here today, the guy who commissioned the brindle dog portrait has been round to collect - and phew, he was very pleased with it! Still can’t show you as it’s a gift that won’t be given until June.

Love that bus Trevor, I like that you’ve captured it without bystanders around and you’ve managed to make the burger van look vintage :smiley:

Cute dogs Annabel, I prefer the grass one myself.

Good luck with your offer Hazel.

I’ve just listed a new sepia sketch

3 Likes

Lovely minis Jeanie. Nice butterfly Stephie ur doing well with pens.
I am doing a special on this little silk painting today @ £10, write St George’s day in message to seller and I will refund the difference via Paypal

2 Likes

Lovely Roses Tessa

And Stephie your butterfly is beautiful your sepia range is really pretty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Hazel and Tessa, I’m enjoying having a different pen to play with, I do love sketching (I’m sure you hadn’t noticed lol)

Very pretty patriotic roses Tessa :slight_smile:

Can you believe that some of the dandelions have flowered and have clocks on them already? Where does the time go??? I did these two new sketches using my old pen, just so it doesn’t feel left out…

2 Likes

It was much easier to make a burger van look about fifty years older than to get people out of the picture Stephie… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stephie…that means nothing to me…WHO is the host…is it the person who starts the thread?..puzzled…(doesn’t take much.)
I sold the two cards that I listed this morning…thanks Hazel 2…
Here is another to show you.

This one is 12 x 9"…so HUGE for me…lol…not listed yet as I am still waiting for it to dry properly

3 Likes

Sorry Brenda, I keep forgetting you’re not as tech savvy as you appear to be! The way I understand it is that…(big breath)…a company called Discourse owns and develops the software that runs the forum, so although the forum is branded as Folksy and runs on the Folksy website, it probably isn’t actually owned by Folksy. I expect that Folksy will have bought a licence to use the Discourse software. So when I say that Discourse told me off, what I meant was that “The Forum” told me off - but it wasn’t a person, it was the rules that have been coded into the software. Did that make sense or are you even more confused?

Lovely painting by the way, I don’t know why you think you struggle with acrylics!

1 Like

Woohooo I have another local outlet stocking my greetings cards :smiley:

1 Like

That’s great news Stephie - you will get a name for yourself as the local artist - well done :slight_smile:

Lovely landscape Brenda, good size too :slight_smile:

I really hope so Hazel! I cheekily left a business card with the retiring post-mistress today, hopefully she’s enjoyed her time at the sub-post office enough to commission a portrait of the place :smiley:

And I’m hoping that when the new owners take over, they’ll be interested in stocking my cards too…

Meanwhile I have another outlet up my sleeve - the local church runs a cafe, I’m thinking they might like to go halves on the profits.