What to do with a negative review šŸ˜ž

I have had a similar experience. I have been given a 1 star review with no comment. Since this is the first poor review I have ever had on this site and the other one I sell on, I am unable to imagine what the problem might be. This was a Murano glass heart pendant, well photographed and described. What can have been the problem?! I have now read this thread and written to the buyer to ask if there was a problem particularly as there was no comment left.
Any comments would be very welcome as I have not dealt with this sort of issue before.

1 Like

The best thing to do is what you have done - contact the customer and ask if there is an issue and what they would like you to do to rectify it. Maybe it is as simple as it hasnā€™t arrived yet and they didnā€™t know how to contact you so left the poor rating (do you have tracking you can check?). Maybe they were expecting something else - people donā€™t always read the descriptions so maybe they hadnā€™t appreciated what size it is until it was in their hand. Now its a bit of a waiting game until they come back to you with their reasons IF they come back to you and they might not.

3 Likes

I think youā€™ve done the best thing by emailing them. The one star could just be a mistake on the customers part so checking is for the best. You could always message folksy and ask their advice. I hope itā€™s resolved quickly. I found the whole thing quite stressful but contacting him was worthwhile. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful comments - I will just have to wait and hope to get it sorted out.

To be honest ,i really believe this is the world we are living inā€¦Some people have no idea of the amount work involved in your items and see them as they would a shop bought itemā€¦We have had many sales on other platforms and had no feedback on them ,we now take it as ok as they have not complainedā€¦I really would not worry ,everyone else can see how lovely your items are and really do not need raving reviews to purchase ā€¦Have a great xmas ā€¦Brian.

3 Likes

Many thanks Brian, hope you have a great Christmas too!

Latest update is that after writing to the buyer, she has replied. Apparently the pendant was ā€˜pricey and far too small for an adultā€™. Considering that I gave a detailed description of all the dimensions and materials used and that the price was there tooā€¦ Obviously not read before buying. I have contacted folksy hoping they may be able to help as a 1 star review is inappropriate in this instance.

2 Likes

Sounds like she didnā€™t read the description properly, I hope folksy can help. :blush:

1 Like

Your photos are good but do you think it might be useful to add a few more photos to your items maybe one where itā€™s held in the palm of your hand (it was a suggestion a few makers gave me) so people can get a better idea of size and also I know you include 20mm as the size but could you put 20mm in height and also state the width at widest point. Just a few ideas. Merry Xmas :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your comments and I think it is a good idea to include more photos (something I have been meaning to do) but not keen on the palm of your hand idea for jewellery as it doesnā€™t work aesthetically for me. The 20mm does refer to the widest point but the height measurement might also help. What it all amounts to really is actually reading the description or checking if not sure. Hope you have a lovely Christmas too.

Have you offered them a refund if they return the pendant? Once you have done the return / refund you can notify folksy to get their fees associated with the sale refunded to you and hopefully get the review removed (I believe they have previously removed reviews for returned/ refunded sales).
(I have taken to doing photos of items in my hand as secondary photos with something far prettier as the first one as it does help give a sense of scale to pieces of jewellery)

Thanks for your helpful comment but she has told me that she has given the item
to someone else! I would have been happy to offer a refund but it is not returnable having been worn.