Which is most important ..Views or impressions?

Wonderingis which is most important.
I get loads of impressions, and fewer views
What do impressions actualy mean??

Impressions are when someone has seen a preview of your item as part of search results, whilst browsing a category or in a gift guide, views are when they have actually clicked through to see the full listing. If you are getting loads of impressions it means that people are searching for your type of item or browsing the categories that they are in, a low impression to view ratio means that what they see isn’t exactly what they are after or the quality of the photo is putting them off looking any further.

2 Likes

I think impressions are when someone has searched for a certain item (say blue earrings) and something of yours comes up in the list. Not certain about that though.

If my understanding is correct (and I might have misunderstood!) impressions are the number of times your item has appeared during a search, or because of being in a gift guide etc. It can indicate to you how well you have chosen your ‘tags’.
The item views are how many times some one has looked at the item page, so if you get lots of impressions, but very few views then it could indicate a number of things…maybe the item is appearing in a lot of searches that aren’t actually what the customer is searching for, so they haven’t then clicked on it and looked closer. Maybe the photograph isn’t very good or clear, so the person searching isn’t inspired to look closer and other items have caught their eye instead, or maybe something else was exactly what they looking for and yours was not quite what they were after.
I’m sure there is a lot more to it than that, but that is my simple understanding of it…

1 Like

Thank you very much guys for responding,
that makes it much clearer…
So will now look at my tags!!! x x

I cam across this article yesterday that may also help:

2 Likes

Many thanks ,Liz Clark…very interesting article
I have spent a couple of hours going thru my listings,and updating my tag words…Now hoping for the sales to rush in…Ha! ha! xxxx
Thanks again!

1 Like