Who's had a sale this week?

Yep! Not good is it! Hopefully things will pick up with Spring. You on the plus account?

I have had a few sales lately but then I am promoting like a mad crazy possessed woman and have reduced my prices to cost and then rounded up to the nearest pound as I am closing down. Please take advantage of me!

Iā€™ve only just joined so havenā€™t had a sale yet. Iā€™m a bit worried no one will buy my handbags because of the price. Itā€™s so difficult to know. It takes me a couple of days to make a bag because of the sewing inside and out and leather work. I think if I even get one sale it will give me hope!!! :smile:

@Kymberly Hi, welcome to folksy and please donā€™t get put off by the title of this thread! I had a quick look at your bags, (they are lovely but Iā€™m not a handbag girl unfortunately as I cycle everywhere) but I have a few tips to hopefully help you to that first sale.

1. a plain (or minimally styled) shot of the bag on a white background will help it get picked up for the front page/ gift guides/ magazine editorials.
  2. dimensions - I canā€™t see any dimensions for the bags in your listings, overall size and handle/ strap lengths should be included as this is the sort of thing people care about.
  3. include a close up photo of decorative punch detailing - youā€™ve got to the effort of doing it and it is a selling point so show it off
  4. keep an eye on the cropping of your photos - youā€™ve chopped the corners/ tops off straps off in a few pics
  5. (please donā€™t take this personally) style photos are a good idea but Iā€™m not sure that yellow jumper is the most photogenic (Iā€™m not even remotely photogenic so I get my sister to model for me and she always brings a selection of neutrally coloured tops so that we can find one that sets off the jewellery). Think glossy magazine styling rather than weather appropriate!
    Iā€™m sure your first sale is not far off.
    Sasha
1 Like

Kim
I did note that your lovely second bag doesnā€™t have Bag in the title https://folksy.com/items/6620111-Jennifer-tweed which means that anyone searching for a bag wonā€™t find it. The Titles you use on Folksy are Mega important as they are effectively your mega tags. Joy x

1 Like

According to the Folksy front page, my lace cat ears headband is being bought now. Itā€™s taking a very loooong time to be bought, I wonā€™t hold my breath, lol!!

1 Like

Hi Sasha,

Thanks so much for the feedback and advice!! I really appreciate it. I think it will take me so time to sort it all out but itā€™s great to have things to aim for and everything youā€™ve said is helpful. Somethings I can make a start on right away! Againā€¦ thank youā€¦ because of your advice, I have just ordered a white backdrop so I can take better photos in the future. :smile:

Ohhh thanks for noticing that Joy!! Iā€™ve just changed itā€¦ x

1 Like

Welcome @Kymberly :smiley:

Your bags are lovely.

Karen

1 Like

Thanks Karen! Everyone is so helpful and friendly hereā€¦ so glad I joined!!! :smile:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had any sales recently but there is a reason for that! :fearful:
For ages it bugged me that when I opened my shop I had a different name ā€œTamariska Jewelleryā€ so that was my URL, but 2 years later I changed it to ā€œT&M Arts and Craftsā€ as I now also sell my husbands artwork. When I changed it however I could change my shop name but not the URL so google searches were confusing, to change it tho I would have to close the old shop and start all over again!! :scream:
I naturally put this off as I knew it would be a huge task!
But last week I finally did it!!! :smiley:
So now I am just waiting for people to find me again. I am still adding listings but now I am only doing a few at a time now that the bulk is on there.
It has meant tho that I am needing to raise my profile and find all my favourite sellers again and my sales history has gone back down to zero :cry: but hopefully that wont be for long.

No sales this year at all so am closing my shop. Please use coupon - halfprice - for 50% off everything. I am sticking to Etsy as I feel they manage the site so much better for me.

Ah but this morning my Pansy Heart was showing as Being Bought when I had already received the order and the payment. All a matter of timing sometimes. xx

PS I see the ears are in your Sold list :slight_smile: :smile:

Nope, I didnā€™t sell anything, lol!!! :grin: That must have been the ears bought by a non payer from last weekā€¦

:cry: :cry:

(ā€¦ as the forum didnā€™t like just two crying facesā€¦)

Yay! I had a sale today on my new shop, its working!! :smile: :blush: :smiley:

1 Like

My hats off to you going to fairs by Bike!! I also sell jewellery but as I also sell mosaics and my husbands artwork my estate car is full to the gunnels with easels and display boards!! I envy the people that pack up in a suit case and a way they go to get the bus!!!

I had a sale of a belt today, through these forums. Hazel.

2 Likes

I did a stall stall today and did very well.
Lots of sales yay.
Iv got the big spring craft fair on Saturday so hopefully Iā€™ll do ok at that.
Bit Iā€™m over the moon with today

4 Likes

Had a sale throughā€¦ Instagram! Facebook is just not worth the effort, I personally think IG is so visual, its almost perfect!

3 Likes