Who's had a sale this week?

I have 3 items sold in my shop. Not had a sale for ages though. Who can make me feel positive by saying they’ve sold something this week. And any tips would be welcome too. Please feel free to give me any advice on how to make my shop a success. I have 25 items so far in my shop. Happy Sunday. :wink:

No, not had a sale this week. It’s much quieter than last year. For me anyway.

Yes I have had a sales this week.
But Jan this year is very quiet compared to last year for me.

If you are trying to fill your shop and learn the ropes -joining the daily listing group is a good option.
January Garnets Daily Listing Challenge.

Not had a sale on here since last May :sob:

1 Like

@Amberlilly my last sale was in November which was disappointing if you look at what I actually make. In 2013 I was still selling right up to my last posting date for Christmas delivery.
I’m not really sure of the way ahead for me, my shop is practically empty and may stay that way for a while.

I had a sale at the start of January but that’s been it. But I haven’t listed anything new in a while which I need to now.

Nothing on here this week, but I’ve had sales elsewhere and wasn’t expecting much this month - the winter, post-xmas lull happens every year, and things don’t usually pick up for me until March/April. Most of my sales on the other site are international too, and visitors here tend to be mostly in the UK.

On here, no, but lots on other site!

14 sales in the last week (a total of 20 items altogether) - i find a lot of people are looking for cards and gifts as valentine’s day approaches, so anything along those lines is likely to be popular at the moment.
the customers are out there - i think it’s really all down to effective promotion, and i find social media invaluable for engaging people.

3 Likes

Wasn’t too sure what to expect as this is my first “proper” January on here (previously I have had a shop but wasn’t doing any promotion). I was fairly busy up until mid December and then went quiet. Did get 2 sales last week so maybe things will start to pick up again soon. :slight_smile: BTW - no sales for me elsewhere but then Folksy has always been the kindest site for me.

1 Like

I’ve had one sale so far this January but I’ve just started re promoting after the Christmas/New Year holidays and being ill.

1 Like

Iv had no sales since November. but my mob broke so I couldn’t really post anything over December. With was really annoying.
All fixed now and lots of bits listed but still no sales.
Never mind I’m sure things will get better. Fingers crossed

I’ve had 2 so far in January. It’s not as busy as last year but Folksy generally seems quite busy over the last few days though so maybe things will pick up?

I was going to start a thread on this - ‘What’s happened to Folksy’ but I see there’s a similar one going.

I too am not getting the sales, nor the traffic on Folksy. In fact the last sale was in November last year !

But my own site is performing well, Etsy is and Ebay is good too - so what’s happened here ?

No point in being on here if no-one’s looking…

Chris.

2 Likes

I’ve sold a lot more than I thought I would since the beginning of this year, (which has been fab!) but none on Folksy sadly. I have sold mainly through the B&M shop that display my artwork. But I’ve also sold on Etsy & the Country Living General Store this month.
Whenever I promote, I generally promote Folksy if I’m honest (on twitter & Facebook) yet the sales have come from elsewhere…a bit odd but never mind. Haha

I have sold 3 items on Folksy this week. The run up to Christmas was very disappointing on here, but January has been very encouraging. 14 items sold so far, the best since November 2013. I have no idea why, I have done very little promoting since Christmas.

1 Like

I thought it was a gemstone thread!! Lol :blush: @DeborahJonesJewellery

Oh no @DeesDesigns we must help you to get some!

Is this why though @PaulinesCrafts have you done a number comparison for the number of items the same time of year?

I have sold a new baby card, thanks to folksy talk, second sale this year

3 Likes