Wonders of Wool - show your pure wool items here

Needle felted hare
Large needle felted hare, Realistic animal scul... - Folksy

7 Likes

Crossover ballerina cardigan for a premature baby girl

2 Likes

Just love what you can make with wool and a sharp needle.

Needlefelt figure - Spring holding a lamb - daf… - Folksy

3 Likes

Wow, @yorkshireharecrafts this is so beautiful!!!

1 Like

Here’s another one of my personal favourites from my shop. (Disclaimer, it is actually only 85% wool, but it’s a majority so I thought it would be fine here, the rest is a fine fibre made from Rose Bushes).
As a spinner, I really enjoy getting to know different breeds of sheep and this yarn originally grew out of an experiment to see how Kent Romney wool was in the dye pot and then as a blend with the Rose Fibre.

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

Beautiful yarn. I love the bright colours.

Thank you :blush:

A pair of baby’s booties

1 Like

Pure merino wool

1 Like

Firstly - hello! This is my first contribution, so thank you for inviting me.
I love the diversity of wool. We use wool from our Shetlands for hardy things like winter hats and scarves and it is brilliant for this as it is so warm. For scarves with a lovely drape you can’t beat woven pure alpaca. Finding out which wool works best for different things is half the joy.

3 Likes

Welcome. A lovely wool hat. I’ve been wearing a hat my daughter made. She dyed and spun the wool and then knitted the hat. It so warm, even with the beast from the east my ears were warm.

Thank you! I would love to have a go at using natural dyes. I haven’t been brave enough yet! We have been wearing poure wool whilst out with the animals today and it makes all the difference. I guess it should be obvious when we see the sheep standing out in the snow as if it is nothing.

3 Likes

Natural dyes are a lot of fun. I don’t use them in items for my shop because I’ve not been able to get the shades and depths of colours that I really want.
I recommend Onion Skins (red or white!) as a great first natural dye. Madder, Turmeric and Henna are other good starting points. Alternatively you could collect some plants that grow near you. (I don’t have many near me except nettles and I struggle to get enough to make a decent batch of dye).

3 Likes

A needlefelt hare. My favourite part of making my hares is the eyes.

needle felt grey hare, moon gazing hare, needle… - Folksy

3 Likes

All your needle felted animals and figures are so beautiful!!! I like coming back to this thread to see if you’ve posted anymore if them!

Oh thank you. Really pleased with the thread so far. Keep posting as I love seeing your bright wools.

1 Like

I have another skein of yarn that I’d like to share today. This is 100% Shetland Wool, partly dyed and then spun up into a traditional 3 ply. The blue and green bits are dyed, the grey and white are natural colours.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: is a lovely thread although I’m going to run out of different items to post soon, particularly with the title change to pure wool as I don’t have a lot of stock in my shop yet!

Wow, what beautiful colours