Wonders of Wool - show your pure wool items here

Beautiful! He has very expressive eyes.

There is a very long running debate about what to call alpaca fluff. Is it ‘wool’? It tends to be called ‘fibre’ amongst alpaca owners. In the hope that it counts in any case, here is a 100% pure alpaca scarf, woven on our four shaft floor loom

5 Likes

That’s lovely. I started the thread because I couldn’t find one on here to list my wool makes . I’m learning a lot about ‘wool’.

1 Like

Thank you!

As a spinner, I feel the difficulty!
My personal opinion is that it’s only wool if it came from a sheep and everything else is fibre. But that’s mostly to make it easier for my not-so-well-educated-in-fibre-arts friends to know what I’m talking about :laughing:
If I start talking about sheep breeds without saying ‘wool’ they ask what sort of animal it is, and then there’s an awkward moment while I stare confused at them and say, ‘well, it’s a sheep…’ :laughing:

But, I’m totally keen on seeing beautiful alpaca scarves, it’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, really enjoying seeing the versatility of wool with everyone’s makes.

My offering today is Merino…again!

1 Like

I made this during the first lockdown. It’s one of the first things I made by needle felting. I sat in the garden most days jabbing away. It helped keeping me focused and I found it very calming.

Green Man - Needle felt wall art needle felted … - Folksy

5 Likes

This is fab. A plant that doesn’t need any watering.

I was shopping last night on here and I came across this, which might be of interest to the thread. It’s not one of mine but I love the idea of recycling/ up cycling. Not sure if the seller is on the forums but it was a nice item so I thought I’d share it as I remembered this thread.

2 Likes

Love recycled items and this is gorgeous.

1 Like

A hare portrait made by needlefelting various types of wool onto a piece of wool fabric.

Hare picture, wool art picture in hoop frame, w… - Folksy#
#

4 Likes

I just can’t get enough of wool, it is an amazing material.
Everything in my shop is 100% wool (with the odd bit of cotton thread) - here is one of my crocheted pebble creatures (perhaps even my favourite) made entirely from organic Welsh wool

4 Likes

My latest merino wool shawl

6 Likes

A small needlefelt landscape - for framing, placing in a card or using in your own craft project.

Needle felted picture - Yorkshire Dales Sheep … - Folksy

4 Likes

Something small and cute.

Cute polar bear- free standing - wool polar bea… - Folksy

3 Likes

Needle felted mushroom brooch from pure merino wool

3 Likes

Today I’d like to share another brightly skein of handspun, handdyed yarn!
This is made from 100% Polwarth Wool.

2 Likes

I used a gorgeous deep red with a hint of acrylic sparkle to make this sleeping dragon.

Needle felted dragon, Red and gold, winged drag… - Folksy

2 Likes

Merino wool mitts
Crochet Fingerless Mitts Merino Wool Slate Grey - Folksy

4 Likes

A hanging ornament - all wool including the hanger which is length of hand spun made by my daughter.

Needlefelt hanging egg, Yorkshire landscape wit… - Folksy