Worry about showing work space

I absolutely love your sewing machine @EileensCraftStudio! Can I steal it away from you :wink:

Love Sam x

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t worry about polishing the spiders, @JOYSofGLASS! I find they donā€™t need it :wink:

Sam x

2 Likes

Rachel, donā€™t worry, itā€™s not going to be obligatory to show your work space! We just want to improve the Meet the Maker page so you have the opportunity to tell people more about yourself. As part of that weā€™d like to have the option to post images (for those who want to), but those could be your tools, work in progressā€¦ or your lovely old jam jars :wink:

8 Likes

lol I have 3 other Singers under the table as well. One from the 60ā€™s one from the 50ā€™s, and my oldest one, which is biggest and heaviest and a special edition model from 1892.

2 Likes

Eileen, are the singers under your table left over from Christmas, and was that the best place to put them to make them stop singing?!!!

4 Likes

you made me laugh :slight_smile:

This thread has made me feel so much better about my work space - my dining table. It seats 8 people and yet I still manage to make the whole thing disappear under mounds of fabric (and the chairs as well)!! I never put anything away at the end of each project so it just multiplies out of control. I was forced to put the whole lot away before Christmas as we needed the table for 7 people to eat Christmas dinner. This is why I havenā€™t listed anything new since before Christmas. I think it may be time to start cluttering it up again now (when my husbandā€™s not looking!!)

3 Likes

Do you stick needles in them ?

shhhh Joy donā€™t tell everyone my secrets or Iā€™ll be in deep trouble lol

1 Like

Hi Eileen, I have the same sewing machine as you, I love it to bits!!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok I give in. Here is the photo of my workspace which will Not be featuring in my Meet the Maker section. Itā€™s just to show you why !

I should clean the window but the dust keeps the heat in and the spiderā€™s webs trap the wasps (lots of corpses behind those boxes of beads and odds and sods on the windowsill)
Fortunately as I am a tad untidy, I do have an excellent memory, especially positional, so can generally work out where everything is, except the full piece of dichroic glass which fell off the bench last year and has not been seen since,

Oooh I see the kiln is still plugged inā€¦

12 Likes

This is my work spaceā€¦itā€™s not posh but I like itā€¦

Kim x

9 Likes

I love it Joy!! You should show it!

xx

1 Like

What a lovely clean looking work space. I bought a ittle treasure chest for my granddaughter from Folksy a couple of years ago in the same lovely fabric as your curtains :slight_smile:

I love the messy, organised chaos type shots - they show the real side of crafting. It is honest and really refreshing. I think we should all be brave and show people ā€˜we work and makeā€™ and not ā€˜buy in and spruce upā€™ our items. I hope customers who really value hand made will appreciate to see the real side of crafting.

I must say, I donā€™t plan to ā€˜starā€™ in any of my shots as I am not the most photogenic. My hands might make it into shot at times though.

I say keep it real and love the chaos!

Jacqueline x

9 Likes

Thank you @JOYSofGLASS. There is a lot crammed in there and it doesnā€™t look as tidy at the moment!
It used to be my daughters bedroom and I made the curtains for her, she loved the fabric.:grinning:

1 Like

Love this thread, you guys are so funny. Your workspaces all look good to me, messy is creative.

My workspace often involves a Costa coffee shop :slight_smile:

Looking forward to that video, and I hope youā€™re feeding those singersā€¦

4 Likes

My computer wonā€™t let me up load a photo of my workshop - Iā€™m wondering if it is making a point about the cobwebs and the fact I havenā€™t swept the floor in a while.

4 Likes

My work space is a corner of the kitchen and our dining table and Iā€™m a very untidy crafter! Looks like Iā€™m in good company :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Snap @RuthSmithJewellery Iā€™m in the shed too and here is my helper who thinks heā€™s better with the hammer :smiley:

12 Likes