Would anyone buy these?

We are thinking about making and selling personalised word mosaics, A4 size and in mounted frames. Could do almost any shape, colour and words (names, dates etc).

Is it something people would buy?

Here’s an example…

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Karen xx

I really like these and would definitely buy one. I think they are really nice gifts and look lovely around the home x

1 Like

I do like these word art pictures and I know there are quite a lot of people that sell them. Personally I wouldn’t buy one simply because I have done them myself in the past for friends and family. It might be worth trying to think of a new take on them, not sure what though, as the market is fairly flooded with them.

I like them - but like Roz, I’ve done them myself. However, the same can be said for most crafts (I’ve even had someone tell me they’ve just made one of my meerkats, to my pattern - which I don’t sell)

I’ve always liked them too and have a couple around the house and have given them as gifts too over the years. The only issue with selling them I can think of is the number of word cloud generators available now, I even have an app on my phone and Chloe types in the things we see when we’re out for the day and prints out a copy for her scrapbook when we get home and they’re not too shabby compared to the professional ones I’ve bought … paper quality and mount being the most easily spotted difference.

Maybe if they were embellished or were available in shapes that aren’t so readily available it would give them more appeal.

Leanne inspired me to google “free word cloud generator” and there were an amazing 124 million results.

It is still very pretty and worth trying out as there will be people out there who do not realise they can do this for themselves, or who simply don’t have the time. As Leanne says though, if you can put a spin on it and make yours a bit different to the rest, that would help

It would be nice if you could do personalised shapes, such as including the words inside a silhouette from a favourite picture (I’m thinking of something like a wedding photo or other much loved photograph).

I’ve seen a number of Shakespeare themed pictures in this style, so I agree with whoever said it would be a good idea to make your unique in some way.

I would definitely consider something like this, they are very unique and look beautiful!

Just be aware that if you use a word cloud generator that you check the T&Cs as some are only for personal and not professional use.