Spam or genuine?

I have received 4 emails this morning, all sent via the “contact seller” option on various item listings. All emails are from the same person (registered with Folksy but not a seller as not UK based) and all have exactly the same text showing interest in the specific item.

I am inclined to think these are spam and have not answered them (yet!) Just thought I’d ask on here to see if anyone else may have got similar before I make a decision.

Hi Roz

I’ve had three messages this morning through folksy which I’m a little uncertain about.
The text all reads the same on each one from the same person.
They aren’t expensive items, but I still feel wary about replying.

Karen

I’ve just had another look and something just doesn’t feel right about the emails.
I feel we may have been targeted by the same person :frowning:

Likewise, not expensive items. I think what has made me wary is the fact that rather than actually ask a question they simply say get in touch as I want to discuss this with you. Think I will probably ignore and report.

1 Like

Yes @poojajeshang, although I would delete the name and email from your post - not sure you are allowed to publish personal details on a public forum even if it is a spammer!

Roz

Im just going to report this i think and maybe ignore? Who is best to contact? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have reported, the more I look at it the fishier it seems! @poojajeshang, if you want to report you can contact Folksy on the help & support page, link at the bottom of the homepage.

1 Like

I definitly will soon! Best to also just not think about it. Hope you have a fab day creating lots of stuff! :slight_smile:

Hi Roz
I have had a email as well which looks the same

I have passed my emails on to support

1 Like

Morning everyone, I had the same email from him too. My very first spam one from here! I was starting to feel left out on the spam emails front :wink:

Apparently he has lots to discuss with me about my duck egg blue fingerless gloves! Yeah right…

I’ll also report and ignore the email.

Natalie x

2 Likes

Folksy have emailed me back saying

Hi there

Thank you very much for your email and we’re sorry that you have received this message, it is a scam. This user has now been suspended so you can ignore/delete the original email, but if you receive any similar messages through Folksy please let us know.

1 Like

I received it too…he has lots to discuss about my Christmas bell…apparently…

Ignoring…

x

2 Likes

Thanks Sandra, wow that was quick!

Natalie x

Yes I got one too, straight in the trash!!! x

He has alot to discuss with me too but he can do it from the depths of my email trash bin…

3 Likes

Hehe you beat me to it, I was just about to say the same :wink: I wonder what he wanted to discuss with all of us, he sounds like an inquisitive guy!

Me too. I thought my glass was not appealing to spammers until I got this. As a matter of interest the piece mentioned is in the Folksy Favourites. Don’t know if that’s how they’ve chosen their spam targets ?

Was it these @MoreTeaVicarKnitwear which were mentioned in your email - if so they are in favourtines too !!

1 Like

Knits you and I ‘New Spam Club Member badges’ :wink:

Hmm that is very interesting, it wasn’t those ones, the gloves he chose are in the gifts for gardeners gift guide though. I bet he’s gone through the faves and gift guides to choose us all for his ‘discussions’.

xx

Yes your’re right. I remember now it was a star from the Christmas Decoration guide not the coasters in the favourites.
I wondered what there was to discuss about a star !

1 Like