Does this sound dodgy to you?

Hi everyone!

I received a message today that to me seems really off- but I wanted to get a second opinion from the other crafters out there as to what you think- I’ve blanked out the email just in case it is someone genuine. This is what the message said:

Good day.
I’m interested in your ad please contact me via my private email. [EMAIL ADDRESS]
i have alot to discuss with you…
[EMAIL ADDRESS]
Regard
Vasyl.

What do you think about this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Jennie

Hi Jennie, I saw this thread on here earlier and it sounds like it may be related to your query.

Yes, it definitely sounds dodgy. If it was genuine I think there would be some reference as to what exactly he wants to discuss with you and where or how he found you .

1 Like

Hi Jennie

It’s the same email quite a few of us got last night/this morning. He’s been reported and account suspended, so just ignore and delete the email.

Natalie x

Thanks for your responses everyone, I thought it was a spam but it’s always good to get a second opinion with these things :slight_smile:

It does seem like we get quite a lot of these emails as sellers, I wonder if there is anything Folksy can do to help filter out these kinds of emails, though I know this would be a challenge to do.

Thanks again!