500 folksy sales!

I just wanted to share my joy - I just made my 500th Folksy sale - I am so excited, this was my target for the year, and I made it! :smiley: Ooodles of promotion but lots of return customers too. I am so proud of my little hand-made business. :smile:

My shop has been open for 19 months and I have never worked harder, but to see it paying off is glorious. I have had times when sales have been almost non-existent, and I pondered on if it was even worth continuing flogging a dead horse as tumble-weed blew through my shop. I’m so glad I persevered, and actually motivated myself to work harder. Now it seems, my customers are doing some of the work for me, as they pass on my name, and Facebook orders are increasing thanks to their promotion. just wanted to say, if you are having a lean spell, please don’t give up. Just don’t wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. Customers won’t find you, you have to find them, a lesson I’ve learned: creating pretty things ain’t even half the battle!

Thanks for letting me share my minor achievement with you - I know lots of people will have surpassed 500 sales easily, but I’ve worked so hard for it, that it really does feel like a major event! :smiley:

Wishing you all a magical and fruitful Sunday <3 xxx

13 Likes

Congratulations! 500 sales is excellent.

I have to say I’m not at any point going to make 500 sales in 19mths due to the nature of the items I create. I have sold 3 since May, such is the nature of the beast, as my stuff is very niche.

Hope you’re celebrating tonight :smile:

Thank you so much - well, I did a little happy dance, if that counts! :smiley:

I agree, the nature of our items will always be a factor in how many we can sell, your creations are quite magnificent, I love them!!

Mine are just affordable little trinkets, so will sell at a greater volume. I know that I’ll never make a living from my shop, but to be paid at all for something that I love doing is a real treat. Thanks again for your kind words <3 xxx

1 Like

Dance away :smile: and thank you too.

1 Like

That’s brilliant, congratulations - well deserved :smile:

1 Like

Well done! Nice to hear some great news about sales.!

1 Like

Congratulations! A fantastic milestone reached and well deserved after your hard work!

1 Like

Lovely post to brighten up my Sunday. Congratulations!

1 Like

Wow - 500! Congratulations and here’s to the next 500!! :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, you must be over the moon :slight_smile: Its lovely to hear when someone is doing really well !!!

1 Like

Fantastic - well done! x x

1 Like

Fantastic news. Might join you one day haha!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! <3

1 Like

Well done! I wish I knew the secret to your success, so far I have had zero sales and daily viewing figures ranging from 0-3 max! I know my shop could do with a bit more stock but with lack of viewing figures I am a bit hesitant.
Regards
Mark

1 Like

Congratulations that’s a lot of sales. x

1 Like

Thanks :smiley: I don’t think there is a secret really, just lots of hard work, and also lots of my stuff is under a tenner, so affordable for most people. People do like the idea that I never make two identical pieces too. Your shop is beautiful. I hope you get your first sale real soon xxxx

Just read this post, thanks for the positive words. I am going to take your advice and keep going!
Thank you and well done you!
Sarah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes brilliant news and good to see a lot of sales. Good for all I think. :wink:

1 Like

Well done! Liz

1 Like

Wow, that’s amazing well done!

1 Like