A lovely article about Folksy and our community

There’s a good article about Folksy here. It feels like the author has really taken the time to understand what Folksy is about, our ethos, how we’re trying to support our community and what makes Folksy special. Please do have a read if you have time and also share it, if you can. We’d really appreciate it!

19 Likes

It’s pretty good. It highlights a lot of good things about Folksy with examples. It covers pretty much everything. It should definitely be shared. I really hope British people focus on Britain for their shopping.

2 Likes

Nice one. I have shared on my Fb page. xxx

Like it :slight_smile:

Great article - just shared on my FB page too x

1 Like

We couldn’t have written a better advert ourselves. I’ve tweeted. :grinning:

1 Like

A lovely read, which I have also shared to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/greetingcardsbysallyann

Thanks
SallyAnn

Great article - I’ve shared it too :blush:

1 Like

Brilliant! I’ll share on social media - so proud to be part of the Folksy family.

1 Like

Great article! I’m sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

Shared on FB and left a comment. A wonderful article with understanding of what drives us.

1 Like

I’ve shared on my FB page too and it might even automatically Tweet itself too.

1 Like

What a great article! It makes me feel very proud to be a Folksy member.
It is so important to spread the word of Folksy, as it is such a great place to belong, with so many inspiring people and wonderful creations :blush:

1 Like

I’m a little sad that Clare thinks Crafters “don’t have to be really good at it” and how that reflects on the perceived quality of items for sale on Folksy.

Overall the tone of the article is positive though, so let’s hope it attracts some customers.

3 Likes

Well,you should be proud Folksy team,it’s all true and you have created the ultimate site.

1 Like

A good article but I still think it is a struggle to get the UK interested in hand crafted items. I know there are more programmes about it but I still think it is appreciated more overseas. I love being part of Folksy but unfortunately sales are very slow (despite following all advice) Hopefully this article will bring more publicity for Folksy and it’s sellers.

Hi Simone, I think my comment was misinterpreted slightly by the journalist and we have now asked him to change it. I was talking about the accessibility of craft and that everybody can feel the benefit of it, no matter how good you are at it. I was in no way implying that the talented makers we have here on Folksy are no good at it! I’m sorry if it has come across that way.

4 Likes

Fab article! Shared.

A lovely article which I will share on FB. I have just opened a Folksy Shop and am so pleased I have chosen to sell online this way. There is a great sense of community and Folksy have made the process so easy and simple for me. I feel very proud and privileged to be part of the Folksy family

4 Likes

Great article & has been shared on my FB page .

2 Likes