Anyone doing any fairs this year?

Hello everyone
Just wondering if.anyone will be doing any fairs this year?

Iv already booked my first stall at a spring fair in Surrey.

Just wondering if anyone else will be doing anything too.

1 Like

I’ve done almost none for last year! I had gone off the boil with them. I’m hoping for a better on- line presence, whether I will get it or not is another matter? Lol.
What type of fair is it @hobbitgirlie1880 inside, outside, big, small? Lin.:slight_smile:

That’s a shame. But I hope you do really well on here.
It’s great and I’m hoping things with pick up this year as I only sold one item last year.

I’m doing a big ish spring fair. It’s indoors.
I did it last year and did really well so fingers crossed for this year.

Im hoping to try a vintage fair. I only tend to sell at Xmas fairs but found a vintage fair each month over the rest of the year. Thought I may as well give it a go. I can take some of my own things and vintage bits and bobs Ive collected over the years. Ive not made anything since last year, but I reckon I have enough stock to take.

That sounds like a good idea.
I only do fairs at certain times of year.
I find doing them every month doesn’t work but I don’t drive so I can only get to local ones.

I will be applying for xmas ones in the next few weeks.
I also have a couple of summer ones , but nothing untill then.

Need to build up stock again after great 2014 Xmas ones.

I’ve already booked 4 Spring/Summer ones - all quite big ones, in marquees, one each month from April to July, in Hampshire, Sussex and Surrey. I’m currently looking into options for Autumn/Xmas ones - it seems such a long way off but the good ones have to be booked early.

I stopped doing them last year. All the ones within about an hour of where I live are either big and very expensive or small and not very profitable. Even the bigger ones that were really good in 2011 and 2012 were really bad in 2013. Hence the decision not to do any last year :slight_smile:

Hi everyone

I am organising a craft fair for the spring, I live in Warwick, I am now looking for ones to book a store, the craft fair will be held at the Woodloes School Warwick, please get in-touch with me if you are interested, I am looking for all kinds of crafts, sewing, knitting, woodwork, ceramic, you name it I want it !!

please contact me for more information

I will look forward to hearing from you

Sue x

1 Like

With ones are you doing in Surrey?
Iv been finding it hard to find them in Surrey.

I have just booked a stall in my local library too for next week. I do them regularly there and usually do well.

Iv also booked a summer fair and two Xmas too.
It’s crazy cos they get booked up so quickly.

I’m doing the Garden Show at Loseley Park, near Guildford, in July. It’s over 3 days Fri-Sun 24-26 July this year. I did it last year and did quite well, so I decided to go back and do it again this year.

I’m hoping to be doing a craft fair at least once a month starting at Easter time. Someone approached me at my last Christmas fair and asked if I would be interested. I can only try.

Anyone know of any in the Bath area that are good - I know Frome would be perfect but can’t convince my hubby to have all 3 kids for the day!!

2 Likes

Hi All
Have booked up for a few Wedding Fares in the West Midlands to promote our Brooch Bouquets. But still looking for suitable venues for our range of dolls house soft furnishings

I have managed to get a stall at Wonderwool Wales this year! Really excited but I am going to be oh soooo busy over the next 2 months!!

Lesley :smiley:

Decided only to do Christmas fairs this year plus a couple of largish very local ones over the spring/summer. I found last year that others were not brilliant. While I made my table fee at all of them I barely made enough to make an entire day worth while! Time probably better spent making and promoting my online shop :smile:

I’ve none booked at the moment but keep looking on Stallfinder as I find I sell more in a few hours at a craft fair than I do in several months on here! The problem I have is finding local ones at a reasonable price (most of the ones in York are at least £30)

Wow 30quid is expensive.
It is hard to find stalls cheaper than £15 round here but I think that’s not too bad.

£15-£20 is about my limit I’ve been lucky enough to do a few small playgroup coffee mornings for no more than the price of a raffle prize and sold quite well at them (I just make sure I’ve got lots of children’s birthday cards placed in prominent positions on my table :slight_smile: ) I’m sure the larger more expensive ones are great for some people especially if they sell larger/more unusual items.