Craft fairs this weekend?

Are you visiting or exhibiting at any craft fairs/events this weekend?

nope, gave up craft fairs years ago. too many grannies knitting from commercial patterns and selling for tuppence three farthings.

edited to add - no offence to grannies, frankly itā€™s more than time I became one (hint hint)

4 Likes

No, my first craft fair is mid-April, then about one per month throughout the year. This year Iā€™m doing fewer fairs but picking the better ones, so hopefully Iā€™ll be targeting my customers more.

1 Like

Weā€™re always looking for craft fair reviews for the Folksy blog, so if youā€™re selling at one and want to write a review email me!

1 Like

I do go to craft fairs because much as I love online craft shopping I also like to ā€˜meet the makersā€™ and save on postage costs too! There is a craft fair at Arley hall near me this weekend, but I have to go visit family, so on this occasion Iā€™ll have to give it a miss.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t attended any for a while.

We used to do a few around Christmas time, (sorry to bring up that word on the 1st April), but the ever increasing fees where taking huge bites out of our profits and when we took into account the very early morning starts, travelling, unpacking, standing all day, re-packing at the end of the day then the whole idea of shows became very jaded.

Shame really as we both love the interaction with the customers, you donā€™t get the same buzz from selling online.

We are looking into getting back into attended a couple this year if we do we would be more than happy to review it :smile:

1 Like

My first one this year is in June, although Iā€™m ā€˜in reserveā€™ for a local small monthly one (they already have a card-maker but asked if Iā€™d be willing to ā€˜fill the gapā€™ if sheā€™s on holiday/ill) I tend to only do small local ones that arenā€™t too expensive (difficult to find around here most of the ones in/around York start at Ā£30 per day which is a lot of cards to sell)

I will be at a Craft Market on Monday at Mey Village Hall in Caithness, Scotland from 11am - 2.30pm. Itā€™s a regular market that runs every Tuesday throughout the Summer and then at Easter and Christmas they run extra markets. As it is opposite Mey Castle it is usually well attended and well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Hi, Iā€™m doing an art & craft market tomorrow 19th April Easter Saturday, in the centre of Colne, Lancashire if anyone lives local and wants to say hello! This market happens four times a year on Bank Holidays and itā€™s quite good as itā€™s outside but under a large marquee and is run by the council so cheap stall rent!

My first one will be at the beginning of July and then I havenā€™t got another one booked until December due to our Daughters Wedding in October.

Pauline

I visited a lovely one today in Barnard Castle at The Witham. It is on again tomorrow - Saturday 19th April. Free entry and some demonstrations from metal workers, wood workers and some have a go sessions at making paper flowers and beaded jewelry.

Iā€™m doing the Makers Market this Sat 3rd May at the Columcille Centre in Morningside, Edinburgh - itā€™s a nice one, so if youā€™re in the area come along!

I am doing a Handmade with Love Craft Fair on Saturday 10th May at the Trinity Theatre in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Supposed to be a well attended and well organised event, so if anyone is around pop in. I will be there and I know another Folksy seller will be there too.

I will be doing a craft fair this Saturday at Mylor Cornwall the Ord Statter Palvilion. I was asked by a crafter I met at one of the few craft fairs I have done. She is only charging Ā£5 a stall Ā£4 to those she knows! I checked it out it has a big room and kitchen and parking right outside and free. I couldnā€™t refuse plus it is only on from 10 to 1pm so no hanging around waiting an age for people to come look and hopefully buy!

1 Like

That sounds like a great one Teresa, wish we had a few Ā£5 craft fairs near here :slight_smile: Hope you have a busy few hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m attending a craft fair at the Out of the Drill hall in Edinburgh on 3rd May.

Itā€™s been a couple of years and Iā€™m not overly optimistic but it will be nice to meet potential customers and get their reactions to my products after being away for so long.

1 Like

Not actually ā€˜doingā€™ one, but Iā€™ll be visiting the Weald Of Kent Craft & Design Show at Penshurst Place,near Tonbridge at some stage over this weekendā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you Diane I hope so too. :smile: I have just made this bunting for the table there.

1 Like

I shall be at ā€œMunchies on the Meadowā€ at the Meadow Room in Cobham, Kent. Thereā€™s about 50 stalls of local producers of food, drink, craft and Iā€™m looking forward to it just because I love food LOL!

More info here for anyone who wants to have a look. http://www.meadowroom.org.uk/munchies-on-the-meadow-3rd-may-2014.html

Iā€™ll be at the craft and gift fair at Capesthorne Hall on Saturday :slight_smile: