Anyone doing some upcycling/revamping?

@thistledownandHOPE Aaahh I love the little crochet stool, that’s fab! So simple but looks lovely! I never really thought to incorporate things like that- though I can’t knit or crochet so possibly why. Haha

@TeodoraPaintings I love the wardrobe idea. I have a very similar wardrobe that we were given from my friends mum a while back and it’s just plain white- so I always thought at some point I’d make it a bit more interesting- I like the idea! I like those sort of printing rollers as well (which is right down my street) think it would give a similar effect!

I’m moving house in about 3 months so looking forward to that- we only rent at the moment though the house we’re currently in we’ve been in for 5 years next month & it was just rented privately so no agent or anything involved and landlord has been great with just letting us do what we want. Our next flat looks to be similar too in terms of the laid back landlord- though the next flat is SO much nicer than our current house so I’m very excited! Haha but it does mean we often have more of an urge to revamp furniture as we can’t always just slap paint on the walls. It’s great fun though!

Everyone’s projects are fab!! Good bit of inspiration too!! :blush:

2 Likes

Yes people look a bit shocked when they ask how much the new kitchen budget is and I say nothing really, we’re going to have a new sink, and I’m hoping to squeeze a dishwasher in but apart from that it will all be re-used.
I’m only having fitted stuff on one wall anyway, the rest of the room will be unfitted as I want my old table in there, people always managed with a table instead of worktops years ago so I can’t see we’ll have a problem.
A friend of mine has bright French blue fifties freestanding cabinets and furniture in her kitchen and it looks absolutely fabulous.
it’s strange that house clearances have seventies and eighties furniture but I guess those era will soon seem trendy too. I know I wish I’d held on to the red formica flap table we had when I was a kid.

Haha yes, Formica stuff already seems to be having a bit of a resurgence. There’s a lot of 50’s style diners opened up I’ve noticed that seems to have made it popular again- not the America style but the sort of kitch style.
I bet a lot of people are probably still wishing they’d kept ahold of things like that. Not really a fan to be honest- not for my own house anyway, though I do often see things like that and think they look really cool.
I’m not too sure what my style is to be honest- a bit of a mix of everything I guess. :blush:
Your kitchen sounds like it’ll look fab! :blush: I hope you have fun doing it out!

Woo finally finished!! I’ve had a lot going on- and wanted to wait for coats of paint to dry properly but Yey! Finally finished- can now put it back in it’s usually spot until we move house in 6 weeks. :blush:

4 Likes

Hi,
I am a master student in brunel university of london and doing research on Upcycling can you please do this 5 min survey about my subject:

That looks amazing and has so much potential!