Anyone interested in an August Daily Listing Challenge Thread?

Its come to that time again for me to reach out and see if anyone is interested in taking part in the challenge of a daily listing club for August 2014.

If you have not taken part in a daily listing club before and are wondering what it is all about or how it works, please pop across and visit the Club for July, the July Lions and see how we operate, but in simplistic terms:

1. The daily listing is a personal challenge to list an item a day for the month, it is a personal challenge, so no one will shout at you, or hound you out of the club if you miss a day here of there.

2. Once you have listed your item, you come to the thread for that particular day and tell us what you have listed, with a link to that item, so we can check it out too.

3. Visit the items of your fellow club members, actually go and check out the item in their shops, a simple way to show you are taking part and fellow club members really appreciate that you have stopped by!

4. Promote not just your own item, but fellow club members too, in what ever way you are able, by pinning, stumbling, FB linking, Blogging, Tweeting, whatever is in your remit of possibilities, in this way we all support and promote each other, and hopefully raise awareness of our crafts and of Folksy too, all of which has to be a good thing.

Please remember that although sales cannot be certain, additional promotion can be, which has to be a good thing!

Every month we think of a new unique name for the club, and to get the ball rolling I’ll suggest some names off the top of my head, but would really appreciate your name suggestions to add to the list, then we can all vote on our Fave name, the most popular one will then be adopted!

August Name suggestions:

August Angels
August Artists
August Artisans
The Gusties
Awesome August
Awesome August Angels

Okay, you can probably guess I was getting a bit stuck on titles, any help and name suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to seeing who would like to be involved.

Natalie x

3 Likes

I would love to join in Natalie. I know you won’t be about for some of August, so do you want me to take on the tally challenge?

I have a name suggestion Awesome Augusts

I don’t even know if that is correct English!

Jacqueline x

PS Oh - I see on the listing thread that you will be keeping tabs anyway - sorry!

1 Like

Yes please and the name doesnt matter to me, and thank you @NOfkantsCurios for organising this. Rachel

Oh yes definitely. I sorted my Folksy plus out earlier today so I can list again :grinning:
I like August Angels :blush:

Karen :blossom:

Count me in. I like August Angels.

Liz
x

I’ll keep struggling on! Hoping to have a bit more time for crafting next month so will give it a go. i like august artisans but not too worried.

Thank you all for the votes and Jacqueline for the name suggestion, all added to the list!

Thank you too Jacqueline, I will endeavour to pop by each evening as a minimum!

Natalie x

Thank you Natalie, I would love to join in again. I quite like August Artisans too.

Yes please, I don’t mind about the name.

Lin

I’m just starting to use the forums here and this is an awesome idea - getting our shops stocked in time for the busy period ahead. I’m just worried I won’t be able to keep up with it.

Yes please, August Artisans :slight_smile:

Me too please, back on track now that in laws are sorted out.
I like august artisans too.
Ellie x

Yes please Natalie @NOfkantsCurios count me in.
Happy to be an angel or an artisan :angel:

Please count me in again! I like August Artisans. Thanks for organising us every month!

Thanks Natalie for your hard work again!
Count me in, any name xx
Steph x

Thank you everyone and welcome Sally!

Please don’t be concerned, it is a personal challenge, not everyone makes every single day, but we all help each other out as best we can!

Natalie x

Then count me in. Looking forward to being creative with new listings.

1 Like

Yes please. Artisans sounds good x

Yes please! Although I should warn you there will be lots of christmas stuff towards the end of the month :smile: I rather like the idea of being an awesome angel, am I allowed to mash 2 names up like that?
Donna x

2 Likes

I would like to try and join in again too :smile: