Anyone Interested in the October Daily Listing Challenge

Yes it’s that time again, nearing the end of the month and time to reach out and see if anyone is interested in taking part in the daily listing challenge for October 2016.

If you have not taken part in a daily listing challenge before and are wondering what it is all about or how it works, please pop across and visit the thread for Sapphires to see how we operate, but in simplistic terms:

The daily listing is a personal challenge to list an item a day for the month, it is a personal challenge, so no one will shout at you, or hound you off the thread if you miss a day here or there.
Once you have listed your item, you come to the thread for that particular day and tell us what you have listed, with a link to that item, so we can check it out too.
Visit the items of your fellow daily listers, i.e. actually click on the item in their shops, a simple way to show you are taking part and fellow club members really appreciate that you have stopped by!
Promote not just your own item, but fellow club members too, in whatever way you are able, by pinning, stumbling, FB linking, Blogging, Tweeting, whatever is in your remit of possibilities, in this way we all support and promote each other, and hopefully raise awareness of our crafts and of Folksy too, all of which has to be a good thing.

Please remember that although sales cannot be certain, additional promotion can be, which has to be a good thing!

Every month we think of a new unique name for the challenge, and to get the ball rolling I’ll suggest some names off the top of my head, but would really appreciate your name suggestions to add to the list, then we can all vote on our favourite name, the most popular one will then be adopted!

October Opals
Opal Fruits :wink:
October Owls or Owlets
October Optimists
Autumn Angels

please do feel free to add your own, I always struggle with the names lol!

Oh go on then, why not! Not sure its doing me much good at the moment but I suppose it spurs me on to continue making when I’m not feeling very enthusiastic!
Will have to disappear for a week at the beginning of the month while I am away in Norfolk but would love to join in other than that.

Think we were Optimists last year - quite like autumn angels :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in, don’t mind whichever name! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in too please. I think I like autumn angels too. Has a nice ring to it

1 Like

Not sure if I listed every day but need the incentive to try so will join in again, my views have certainly improved which can only be good :grinning:
I like October Owls as owls are my daughter favourite birds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would like to join in but not sure what to do :frowning:

1 Like

Count me in please Maxine. I’d quite like to be an angel.:angel:

Debi @preciousmoments, the idea is basically that you try to list a new item every day and post a link on the thread. Everyone else then looks at the item in your shop and favourites it (giving it a chance to appear on Folksy’s front page) and also shares it on either twitter/facebook/instagram or pinterest.
Don’t worry if you can’t manage an item every day, most of us can’t, it’s just a bit of a personal challenge and hopefully an inspiration to get crafting and make lots of lovely stuff. :wink:

I’d like to join in again, my kids will be back at uni so I should have plenty of time (haha) to do the thing properly.

I like Opal Fruits :smile:

1 Like

Hi, I would love to try and get back into Daily listing, and I love Opal Fruits!

Natalie x

1 Like

Please can I join in :innocent:

1 Like

I’d like to join in too😊

1 Like

Yes please Max. Autumn angels sounds good. Expecting to move house, no date yet, so may be a bit haphazard. Hope that will be ok

Carol xx

1 Like

Thank you…sounds like fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just spent the last hour starring in my wool basket, and rummaging for inspiration, and I think I may have something to add to the October challenge! Maybe not every day, but most. Suzzie x

2 Likes

Yes, please, count me in…

1 Like

Yes please. I will do my best to join in every day. Thanks so much for running it. I like any name, but have these two to add if that is ok? Totally Conkers or Harvest Hopefuls.

Jacqueline x

1 Like

Yes please I’ll join in again I don’t mind which name
Thank you Max

Gill

1 Like

Yes, please, I’d like to join in again. I don’t mind which name, although I rather like @JAustenJewelleryDesign 's suggestion of Totally Conkers! :smile:
Thanks for stepping in again Max @paperchainsandbeads and Anita @beaniehats for keeping us in order this month :wink:
Jenny x

1 Like

Hi there everyone - sorry I had to take a break from you over the summer months - problem with joints - hands and feet - slowed me down a bit - it is a type of arthritis which is triggered by heat rather than cold - I seem to be getting it more as I get older - something to do with humidity I am told. It seems to be easing and I would like to try and do a bit more promoting and crafting if I can. Would like to join you for October if that is OK. - Maureen

2 Likes

After a long break from folksy I’d like to come back - this is a great way to motivate me to add my new designs to my shop!
Yes please and I don’t mind which name though totally conkers made me chuckle!

Kate
Xx

1 Like