Art chat thread ...May 2020

Here is the place to show and chat about any art or anything art related…

starting the thread early for all those who get up early.
June 1st tag is for spring flowers…so I will start off the thread with some glittery ones…
https://folksy.com/items/7356114-original-art-painting-ref-F-961-

3 Likes

I was worried I’d completely lost a whole month when I saw this thread!
It is getting harder to keep track of time at the moment, but I double checked my calendar and thankfully it’s not June just yet.

1 Like

Ha ha Kim…brainstorm…cabin fever…I have changed it now and retrieved the month…lol.x

2 Likes

May already? :upside_down_face:
Butterfly, watercolour.

5 Likes

https://linktr.ee/marjansart
I put all my shops etc together in this page. What is your opinion on it?

I’ve just started to ‘attempt’ to sell my work to people other than friends, family and friends of friends and family! I know it takes time to get all setup… but I do struggle with how to describe/tag my work as it’s rather unusual. I call it art… Ha please be kind but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know there ‘are’ people out there that like it… (as with all art etc we are all different and like different things).
Cutting a load of waffle short would you like to receive one or do you know someone who would appreciate something like this? (Not pushing for a sale just going through a shy phase of uncertainty :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

welcome BramptonOnSeaShop…never be shy…everyone on here is lovely…go for it…x
Marjan I don’t understand the link…it just gave me a list when I clicked on it… (be aware that we are not supposed to share links on folksy…although I think Pinterest is OK…so might be worth checking x the link also links to the dark side etc and I don’t think that is allowed…?

1 Like

ah I have a linkt.ree page setup too it just puts links to all of your shops websites and social media pages in one place.
Very neat and tidy…

The dark side :laughing:

1 Like

good morning all, today I have a 7x5 landscape painting that I did yesterday
https://folksy.com/items/7458422-7x5-original-watercolour-landscape-painting-ref-fp-127-

4 Likes

Welcome @BramptonOnSeaShop. I like your work. the thing about art is you never know what will sell until you try. If I think I’ve done my best work, it hangs around for around for ages, but something I’m a bit unsure about will sell surprisingly quickly. List it and see.
I know your work is bespoke I would definitely put the suggested dimensions of your work in your listings (you could do different listings for different sizes (and prices). Buyers like to have an idea of how the work will fit into their home.
I use something called “contactinbio” for my Instagram link, which is bit like Linktree. They are useful if you are selling on more than one platform.
Just finished this commission of Burgh Island in Devon for a customer, with its curious “sea tractor”.

6 Likes

Hi, I’ve been pretty quiet on Folksy for a while. Just testing the water with this new listing that I made back in January last year. I look forward to seeing everyone else’s listings and chatting here in the forum.

2 Likes

@ChrisStoneArtist Never seen one of those before! But a lovely painting as always.

I finally have something new to share here:

7 Likes

Great to see your work again. Welcome back to the thread Kim @konyskiw

1 Like

Thanks, oh yes I cant believe I didn’t put the dimensions of the frame!
I just got excited to list something and was in a bit of a rush :laughing:
Thanks for the tips… I need them!

1 Like

welcome Heather. @leavalleyart …jump in and chat…everyone is lovely…
Welcome back Kim @konyskiw

today I have some flowers
https://folksy.com/items/7458732-original-art-watercolour-floral-painting-ref-f-128

3 Likes

Just discovered art chat. There are many questions i would like to ask b8ut for the moment here is my latest acrylic painting.

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome Brenda @GweddusArt. I like working in series and this is number two of this Australian collection of ACEOs.

2 Likes

Weston-Super-Mare Birnbeck Pier?

2 Likes

I used to see that view, about 50 years ago, from the ‘Sea Front Guest House’ at Bigbury On Sea. Its beautiful Chris. Heres my work in progress:

5 Likes