June Art thread

Good morning all artists…
June is here and hopefully we will get a nice summer.
Pop in and chat and share your art work.
I am starting today off with a woodland fantasy watercolour. 7x5" on 8x6" watercolour paper.

2 Likes

Morning Brenda :blush:

What a lovely landscape to start the month.

Here are a couple of sketches that I did in my new Midori style journal while we were in the lakes this last weekend

2 Likes

Good morning,
Lovely painting and sketches, Brenda and Stephanie :).
Today I have listed a painting that I started a few weeks ago to take WIP photos for Folksy (I am a featured seller this week - so, so happy!). The painting is now finished and listed and the title is First Day of Summer.

4 Likes

Lovely woodland Brenda :slight_smile:
Beautiful summery nature from you two, Teodora and Steph’.

I made a mermaid.

3 Likes

Hello there - lovely paintings by everyone and well done @TeodoraPaintings - how exciting!!

Here’s a work in progress from me which isn’t listed yet but which will be in this shop once mounted and framed:

https://folksy.com/shops/HeidiMeier

I’m using hand embroidery a lot more now and this piece has some ribbon embroidered bluebells, which were great fun to do! It’s not a great photo but I’ll get a better one when the clouds go!!

2 Likes

waving to everyone…well done Teodora…I have been here 6 years and never been featured, so you are honoured !
Lovely work everyone…
Here’s hoping for some good sales for us all.

Hey well done Teodora @TeodoraPaintings! I love that WIP shot and the finished piece too. You’ll have to let us know if you get many more sales as a result of being featured.

Fab mermaid Lowri :slight_smile:

Heidi @Textiletreasure it’s lovely to see your textile work in here. Do you paint the fabric as well to get depth?

I’ve just listed this chocolate lab

2 Likes

Good afternoon all…today we have glorious sunshine here in South Wales…
I have just listed an aceo of a waterfall.

1 Like

I’d like to share this illustrated card, perfect for father’s day later this month!

1 Like

Hi Stephanie - no the fabric is just layered and I use raw edge appliqué mostly. The variances of tone in the fabric is caused by the dyeing process - I use cold water dyes and on some batches I’ll crinkle the fabric so that you get the light and dark contrasts where the dye is taken up at different rates. I do plan to do some painting soon - probably on silk and then over embroider. Just got back into watercolours - here’s a picture I did of my riding instructor’s horse: (not great

photo as you lose some of the brush detail but you get the gist!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning all…lovely work.
today I have another waterfall painting…this time a 7x5" one

2 Likes

i like your horse painting Heidi.
I have done a short blog post about the Secret Rose Auction that I have a painting in. Can you guess which it is?

1 Like

today I have an acrylic fantasy painting complete with the compulsory glitter.

today I have an 8x6" watercolour landscape…hope everyone is busy painting…

Waving hello to everyone! I’ve been a tad busy with elderly relative issues the last few days - can’t say too much as the relative concerned doesn’t like social media - but sorting it all out is taking up a lot of my time.

I found a little time this morning to paint a silk handkerchief - I’ll be steaming it in a pressure cooker later. This is a new technique that Tessa and I have just come across via a facebook silk painting group. I’ll let you know how it goes!

1 Like

that sounds interesting Stephie…looking good…
Hope the family probs get sorted…I know how you feel. x

Thanks Brenda :blush: here is the finished piece, I’m really pleased with this technique, it’s so much easier, simpler and quicker.

The colour intensity is so different post steaming!

1 Like

Evening all - hope you’re all well and not melting in the heat :slight_smile:

I’m busy with commissions, so no time for general painting, but I had some vets fees to pay, so did a special offer on some of my signs - only got about 40 to get through painting now :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got quite a bit of stuff to list too, just haven’t had a chance to list it all yet, so I’ll show a card printed from an older painting, just cos I like the painting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Tessa @Coloursandtextures - I’m only just catching up on chats sorry! Is your painting lot 116?? It looks a fun thing to take part in, I’ve never heard of it. How did you get into it and have you found it useful? Good luck - there are some lovely paintings in the auction so it deserves to have lots of online visitors! :slight_smile: