Art Chat Thread October 2016

waving good morning to everyone…another sunny day.
Today I have some Welsh mountain sheep (aceo)…later I am going to paint some more floral greetings cards…I need more variety in my shop and get a bit jet lagged with landscapes…lol.

3 Likes

Good morning, waving hi to everyone. Love the sheeps Brenda :slight_smile:

just listed a miniature

2 Likes

Max, that is fabulous…love it

1 Like

Nice work ladies :slight_smile: What does the word ‘nice’ mean to you? We were criticised for using it at school, we were told it was insipid, but Stephie’s Sprogs use ‘nice’ to mean ‘we really like that’ - with a three-times slow-nod of the head and emphasis on the I sound. So I use it like that too now.

Brenda my hat arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it! And hey you fancy lady, having your own pens printed and all! I’m impressed.

1 Like

glad it was OK Stephie and re the pens, TED treated me to a whole box of them on our anniversary, so I give them away with crochet orders…sadly they add too much cost when I post paintings…flash eh? Ted is always looking for unusual presents and it is one UP from business cards…lol…
Re Nice…I think it is a lovely word…not too gushing and not negative
Imagine if you dressed up and someone said "You look OK"
Or “You look fabulous” (when you don;t know the person very well) So by saying NICE…it is middle of the road but still a compliment.
I hate it when teachers or people try to dictate which words we should use.
I remember once referring to someone in a wheelchair as handicapped…this guy pounced on me like thunder…stupid…the person had a handicap in that they couldn’t walk…a bit like referring to coloured people…now you MUST say black…sorry but my response is…sorry but you aren’t black, you are brown and I am beige…grrrr.
Political correctness gone mad…just my opinion of course and what would I know…lol…

2 Likes

I think we had a whole thread on how to refer to and speak to disabled people on here last year sometime, it was so confusing I still don’t know what to do. So I will just do whatever comes naturally at the time and hope I don’t cause offence.

1 Like

Good morning, waving hi to everyone :wave:. lovely landscape Brenda, I could sit a watch boats all day, not such a gret lover of actually being on them mind lol!.

another teenie painting today. I have a few packs of the frames in stock now so will hopefully do some more next week whilst I’m off, some little birdies next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Max, that is beautiful…those frames are really cute
Today I have a hand drawn golfer cartoon

1 Like

Very sweet little painting Max. I have some little frames waiting to be sprayed, must get on and do it! Although I have a Christmas silk scarf to paint first so that I can advertise my next workshop.

Love your golfer card Brenda, reminds me of the ones that you’ve done for me over the years.

Today I painted some teasels. I did two sets, one for my aunt’s birthday card and doh, I put the image on the wrong side so it opens backwards. Ah well she loves handmade so hopefully she won’t mind. The other one I experimented with mica powder on the background. It worked well so I’m about to list it.

1 Like
1 Like

Here are my teasels

Hi Pam @pamcodner , they have a lovely luminescence. I especially like your smoke ballerina.

good afternoon all. Fun card Brenda, and I see someone else thought so too :). Wave hi to Pam @pamcodner lovely to see you on here Pam. Lovely teasels Stephie, I have lost count of the number of times I have printed on the wrog side of the card. I usually just cut them out and re-mount them lol!

1 Like

welcome to our art thread Pam…love your work and I have a ballerina painting on my living room wall that I bought many years ago…it is in a very similar pose and I love it
Love the teasels Stephie…beautiful…
waving Max…better go and do some liking next…
I shall be painting some more cartoons over the weekend…I sometimes need a break from landscapes, although the cartoons take a lot longer and of course it has always baffled me that you can get a price for a painting, but if you stick it onto card stock, add an insert and an envelope you are lucky to get a couple of £’s for it…that’s life…lol…
I DO enjoy doing the occasional cartoon though.
I hope everyone has a good weekend with lots of painting and artwork.

1 Like

I’ve finally got round to spray painting one of those frames from the range that Max told me about. I’m really really pleased with the results, and it fits my doll house flower series perfectly…

1 Like

looks great Stephie. I use Ranger Adriondak Inks on mine, you can brush on :wink:

I have a HUGE can of gold spray - fortunately it goes on very well, I think it’ll take years to get through!

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

I’m spraying the rest of my frames this morning - all except one which is backed with some velvety stuff, and it turns out that I can pick up the paint that’s sat in the bottom of my spraying box and brush that onto the one that I can’t spray. Perfect :slight_smile:

Alongside that I’m setting up my silk frame ready to paint a Christmas scarf so that I can advertise my Xmas scarf workshop.

We have the decorator in this week to do the hall, stairs and landing - the only room that we don’t do ourselves. I have to decide on a colour scheme by tomorrow - I’m thinking a pale peachy white everywhere. The bit I’m struggling with is whether to go beige on all of the woodwork - what do you think?

Pale peachy white…would that be camouflage for the puppy?
Today I have another golf cartoon card