Art Chat w/c 2nd November

Good morning and welcome to this week’s art chat.

Everyone is welcome, jump in and chat or show your artwork (or both) as and when you feel like it!

I bought a couple of moulded white plastic doll house picture frame this week, one oval and one rectangle. I’ve painted the oval one using my fab new posca pens. What do you think?

3 Likes

That’s tiny and amazing! The white plastic frame wouldn’t be my first choice, but then I’m a bit old-fashioned and like wooden frames :smile:

Not my first choice either Margaret, although it would look like painted wood in a dolls house. I’m making another ACEO frame at the moment, hopefully I’ll list my first framed piece later today. It looks astonishingly good even if I do say so myself lol.

1 Like

Happy Monday! Love your tiny painting Stephanie, yes, it looks fab in the white frame.
I’ve been busy painting Christmasy/wintery ACEO’s. This is one of them that I shall list sometime soon;

4 Likes

great work everyone.

2 Likes

So cute Tina!

1 Like

morning all…still dark outside but no rain yet.
Yesterday I painted these Christmassy looking flowers.
Hope you all have a good day

2 Likes

Love those Brenda, they do look very Christmassy!

Have a great day everyone :smile:

Nice christmassy flowers Brenda. I’ve just listed a Christmassy rose in my handmade frame

2 Likes

just faved it for you Stephie…hope it gets you on the front page.
Waving Margaret…busy day tomorrow with appointments for hubby…hope I can take some painting or crochet with me while I wait for him…

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous Stephie, very effective!

Good morning, hope today goes well Brenda, gorgeous festive roses too. Love the winter rose Stephie, looks great framed. Such a cutie Tina.

I have no idea where this week is gone already, I’m at a conference tomorrow then with family over the weekend and on a week long course next week so it’s my last free day today, will be taking photographs mostly of the 13 coaster and 12 bookmarks I made yesterday lol! and then art club tonight, oh and filing my tax return yuck!

just listed this one

1 Like

morning all…the day was chaotic and the future will be the same…sigh…Life is about to change drastically. won’t go into details on here
I will be back later with a painting. Just listed a crochet cardigan…trying to do both now as I cannot paint in the evenings and I was idling my time playing cards, which I hate !!..I would rather be doing something more productive !
Hope you all have a good day…

Flying by, I shouldn’t really be on here - I’m supposed to be doing my next miniature magazine article this morning and I’m helping a friend to make Xmas wreaths this afternoon to raise funds for the church.

That’s a good life-quote Max and yes, every day is a wonderful day even if things go wrong there’s always something wonderful happening somewhere.

Tina your snowman is adorable!

Looking forward to seeing you painting and sending hugs your way to help you through. I was knitting a cushion cover but it was taking so long that I’ve decided to crochet the other side. Much faster but my wrist aches.

Some of you have seen this new one on fb

1 Like

beware of the wrist ache Stephie…I have only just been able to crochet again after 2 years…so I am taking it easy.
Here is my painting for today.

1 Like

I’m only doing 3 rows a night and it’s been aching all day. I’ll be packing the crochet hooks away again once the cushion is done - which is a real shame as I feel connected to my long-deceased grandmother when I crochet, she taught me how to do it when I was a small child.

Lovely painting.

I made fir cone bunting this afternoon for the church fete - I wish I’d taken a photo as I’m rather proud of it. Also made 2 wreaths to add to the collection.

1 Like

Absolutely lovely work everyone. I always feel a but over whelmed when I join in a few days into the thread, so much to comment on.
I love your tiny frames @StephanieGuy. Your book is delightful @paperchainsandbeads, so precious. Adorable Snowman @DaisyWings and those colours are so pretty @teabreaks. :smile:

I’ve been too busy working on stock for fairs to dig my heels into creating images recently, but I finished this little piece today. The girls are part of a Tea cult. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is odd Stephie because I had terrible hands and wrists and now all of a sudden they seem to be OK…how odd. Sending you a pm Stephie…
Lowri…it’s those eyebrows again…lol…never feel daunted joining us mid flow…we are happy for anyone to join in…

2 Likes

Haha. I promise I’m not a big brow person, I am using them in a tongue in cheek fashion! :smiley: