Art Chat 21st - 27th September

Welcome to the weekly art chat thread, everyone is welcome to join in with showing and chatting about all things art related

Good morning and Happy Monday everyone. To answer your question from yesterday Stephie, yes I’m also doing little bag charms to go in the bags only another 46 of those to do too lol! I managed to do quite a bit of prep yesterday for the favour bags all are cut and folded so just assembly now and 50 bits of ribbon cut and sealed too, I’m going to try and do a few a night over this week hopefully.

1 Like

Happy Monday! Well, finally I will be back drawing/painting new card designs this week, after a week of mayhem. House is slowly getting back to normal after new flooring etc.
Your little bag charms sound lovely Max, look forward to seeing them.:slight_smile:

Morning all, Max you are always so busy! the bag charms sound lovely

Look forward to seeing your new card designs Tina :smile:

Good Afternoon … I don’t know where the morning has gone !!!

It’s been a bit full on here, I have painted lots of pictures, just up to date on my commissions and had lots of sales too which is lovely, including a nice one here this morning :slight_smile:

Waving Margaret :smile:

Sounds like you are busy Max, I have seen the cutting machine you were talking about on C&C in the past, it looks fun and so much you can do :slight_smile:

Waving Tina, enjoying your painting :slight_smile:

This is a new miniature piece of Art In wax not yet listed anywhere …

2 Likes

afternoon all…waving.
I am slowly getting to grips with windows 10…finding the photos is sometimes a task, so I am saving them on my picture keeper and deleting them as soon as they are listed…that makes it a lot easier…
today’s listing is another aceo landscape.

2 Likes

Evening friends, some lovely art on show here already.

I’ve just uploaded my August sketch diary to my blog, you can see it here http://www.stephanieguy.co.uk/2015/09/sketch-diary-august-2015.html

Oh wow Max you are going to be busy! Did your cricut do the bag cutting out too? It sounds like a wonderful machine to own.

I’ve just ordered a set of posca pens from Japan (so much cheaper than from the UK) - I’m very excited, I have one in brown and love it. You can use it watercolour style or acrylic style and it is permanent when dry.

These two were both done with my brown one

1 Like

I have never heard of those Stephie…they look good…
not had time for any painting today…maybe tomorrow…

Hello everyone- Ive had a bit of a lull but I’m getting back on form now.
Lovely work on the go everyone, love the brown pen work @StephanieGuy, sort of like a sepia painting :smile:
Here are a couple of pieces I’ve been working on today/yesterday

1 Like

Good morning waving hi to everyone :wave:. Love those Lowri, especially the moon.

Great sketches Stephie, I’ve not heard of those pens either Stephie,I do love your monochrome work, must try one one day!. Luckily the bags are made from an A4 sheet with only minimal cutting so didn’t need to use the machine. I did finish all of the bag charm, though it was too dark to take pics yesterday and I’m out straight from work so will post a pic later in the week.

Lovely landscape Brenda, hope you get some painting time in today, and you’ll soon get the hang of your new laptop and find your rythum :wink:

Pretty flowers Hazel, love the colour, that purple used to be one of my favourite colours too :wink:

Waving hi to Margaret and Tina, yoo hoo!

1 Like

Fab work everyone, I’m still looking and admiring but not much time to comment!

1 Like

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Lovely work everyone I especially like your landscape Brenda and Lowri your mermaid is fun :slight_smile:

I’ve been painting today. swans …

This is s little ACEO :smile:

2 Likes

waving Hi to everyone…no time for painting today either…don’t anyone mention the NHS to me…I might explode…
In the mean time, here is an autumn landscape that I did at the weekend

2 Likes

I finally had chance to paint yesterday woohooo! I threw everything at this one including glitter :smile:

Fab work everyone, I espeically love Lowri’s girls and Hazel your swan texture is lovely.

Margaret and Max don’t wear yourself out!

Brenda you have my sympathy, the NHS in England is bad enough but I hear it’s in virtual melt-down in Wales. I may complain about having to pay for prescriptions but at least the rest of the service is mostly functional.

We’ve been shopping today. Who knew students need networking clothes these days? I didn’t have to think about work clothes until I graduated.

3 Likes

wow Stephie that’s stunning! Love it!

Hazel’s swans are awesome too, love the texture in the feathers, brilliant.

I’m busy typing out a 200 page handwritten document, written in the days before computers. It needs to by electronic now and as it’s all highly technical it’s not normal typing! There’s symbols everywhere! This is to be fitted in with everything else, obviously. I’m certainly earning my pay at the mo!

What are networking clothes and how do they differ from normal ones? I’m probably showing my extreme ignorance now!lol

1 Like

Clothes that they feel comfortable networking in! Both Cambridge and Warwick Universities have employers keen to come in and talk to students in a semi-formal drinks-type setting so they need to look like a smart engineer and a lawyer respectively. Andy has gone for a grey tweed style jacket that he can wear with jeans or chinos and a t-shirt, and Kit has gone for a blue-grey suit jacket that she can wear over a plain black dress or a skirt and t shirt.

Your typing reminds me of my final year dissertation that my mum typed out on an electronic type-writer all those years ago. It was full of tricksy mathematical formulae :’)

2 Likes

:slight_smile: my mum typed up my MSc thesis on a typewriter too - also full of complex formula. Think she regretted offering by the time she had finished!

Not sure if this counts as art but its a cute little picture to hang on your wall that I listed today, apologies if it goes against the grain of the thread.

2 Likes

It’s definitely art Roz, and very cute too!

I think I understand now about networking clothes, hopefully they’ll be able to wear them when they start working, so it won’t be wasted money :slight_smile:

Lovely birds!
I love your peacock @StephanieGuy, so much character. <3

Has anyone else been finding the greying weather demotivating? I’ve been feeling inspired but it’s been so wet here today that I just haven’t wanted to leave the fire!

My lovely dad has been making some signage for me for Chrimbo fairs- I love them. We work well together- I feel like the Laurence Llewelyn Bowen to his Handy Andy!

2 Likes