Art Chat w/c 23rd November

Can’t see a thread yet for this week so I thought I’d better start one.

I tried some Brusho painting yesterday, but it all went horribly wrong. Probably destined for the bin :frowning:

Hi Margaret.

At least you tried :+1: Keep trying though :slight_smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6762199-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-GLITTER-008-

1 Like

had a busy day…just popping in to say Hi…

morning all…here is my listing for today…

Good morning, just popped by to share my news, I’m a Nana! gorgeous baby granddaughter born 5:45 this morning Peyton Erin weighing a very healthy 8lb 5oz, both are doing well and hope to be home later on today :smile:

lovely work everyone. Margaret perhaps you could use it as a background and do a silhouette

ps please don’t mention outside of Folksy yet, not everyone in the extended family knows yet, but I thought it would be safe on here as none of my family are on here lol!

4 Likes

Wonderful news Max, congrats on becoming a Nana! That’s a good healthy weight too :smile:

Lovely work Kelly and Brenda.

Here at work we’re reeling from the news of the sudden death of one of our colleagues. He was 53 and super fit. He went out on an early morning bike ride with some other work people on Saturday morning. Didn’t feel too well so decided to head home. We know he went to Costa Coffee but was struck down with a heart attack there. He didn’t have ID on him so the authorities didn’t know who he was. His cycling friends, realising he’d not arrived home, spent many hours searching all the lanes/hedgerows/ditches for him. It wasn’t till a day and a half later that they and his wife found out what had happened. So sad, he was always full of life, energy and enthusiasm. He’ll be sorely missed.

Oh my goodness Margaret that’s awful! and how difficult that must have been for friends and family taking so long to find out.

Hiya All

Congrats Max!

Sorry to hear the sad news Margaret.

https://folksy.com/items/6762987-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Painting-Of-Fantasy-Flowers-With-GLITTER-009-

2 Likes

congratulations Nana Max…now you have another little person to spoil and make things for.,
Awful news Margaret, just shows that we never know what tomorrow holds…
Waving Kelly…of course…
Time to go and do some painting now…

1 Like

Hi all…only started recently and just made my first sale…chuffed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tyrer, well done, I’ve been looking at your shop as I’m a keen ACEO collector, but you don’t seem to sell originals. I don’t tend to collect prints, but you’ve got some very nice scenes :smile:

Thanks…I will sell originals eventually. I just need to get off my bum and start doing some :slight_smile:

welcome to our aceo thread David…yes you Must list some originals…waiting…(tapping fingers on my laptop…lol)
Jump in and chat as well…we are a lovely bunch on this thread ('cos I started it a few years ago)…

2 Likes

Good evening all! Thought I’d give posting a photo another go and I think it’s worked again…I’m on a roll! herewith my aceo watercolour of a badger…drying before I trim and photograph it for the shop. Have a lovely Wednesday tomorrow and I’ll pop back to look at some more of your fabulous work!

5 Likes

Louisa, that’s really sad, I seen a police request on facebook if anyone knew him, It’s a lesson of enjoy everything while you can because you never know when your times up. Sending hugs your way x

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Great artwork everyone. Congratulations Max, wonderful news, So sorry to hear about your colleague Margaret.
Well done Tyrer on your first sale, here’s to many more.
Haven’t created anything so far this week, but hopefully soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning, lovely to see you here David and nice to see you too Tina and Jan. Your badger is lovely Serena.

Daughter is still in hospital they think she may have an infection so they are keeping an eye on her, not sure if she will be allowed home yet or not today so don’t know what I’ll be doing. Baby is lovely she was very alert and contented yesterday, I’ll post a pic later on when I can get on my laptop.

Just added this ACEO

4 Likes

Hello everyone, lovely news on the baby Max, your daughter is the best best hands at least.:smile:
Sorry to hear Louisa. I’ve had some bad news myself recently. I’m very close to my taid (granddad) we where on our way to see him on Friday morning when we got a phone call to say he passed away in the night. We are just comforted by the fact he got to go painlessly in his sleep, in his own bed, in his own home and he would have gone to bed without knowing. The shock has gone and the sadness has been creeping in but we are all trying to keep our spirits up. It’s just been difficult carrying on as a ‘business’ smoothly, I’ve been trying my best though although it makes me feel a bit cold.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news Lowri, my sincere condolences to you and your family xx

1 Like

Hiya all :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome David.

Great work on here today.

Sorry to hear the sad news Lowri.

https://folksy.com/items/6763891-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Painting-Of-A-Fantasy-Flower-010-

4 Likes