Background or no background?

Thank you, I spent an age setting up and photographing those first shots, the ‘staged’ ones, Im not entirely sure why I changed to my new backgrounds, I could I suppose go back to them and start from scratch again… its so difficult to know what’s right isn’t it.

1 Like

Thank again Caroline, Ill have a look at photo boards, I know what you mean re visualising things, there is no perspective in a flat photo is there, even though I give dimensions it’s hard to equate that to an expanse of wall or a shelf or wherever else you’d like to put your art.

1 Like

I use Canva, it’s a really good app but you will need to pay to get the background remover

2 Likes

Thank you, I struggle with all things tech, even Canva, I know Im a bit of a dinosaur and really need to spend some time getting to grips with it. I can remove backgrounds from my iPhone so I don’t need that aspect of Canva. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah apologies @reladesigns I have just seen your message was to Ginger pineapple crafts.

1 Like

@GINGERPINEAPPLECRAFTS here is the post about how to remove backgrounds

Hopefully that might be of some help.

2 Likes

i’ll have look - thank you x

thank you for the link Lynne. Unfortunately I don’t have an IPhone and I find phones too small and fiddly to work on so have to use my computer. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Do you have any show homes on new developments in your area? If you do you could sneak in, pop your painting on their staged wall, snap a few photos and then sneak out again. (Our local show homes expect the locals to pop in and be nosey so don’t follow us around or do the sales pitch)

1 Like

Ha ha, we do actually, I’m fairly sure if I told them I was just being a nosy local they’d leave me alone, it was my job for many years and I never minded if people just wanted a nosy, left me free to deal with genuine potential purchasers.

That’s a shame, sorry I’m not good at tech stuff or I’d try to help some other way x

I’ve just started using photoroom (app) . It’s free to remove backgrounds but if you pay for the pro version you get a whole lot of backgrounds to add.

Original

Background removal

And adding a background

3 Likes

I flit from medium to medium it’s a great way to boost creativity - if I get stuck I start experimenting with new things and play around - something usually works and off I go again. I find myself looking at U tube and thinking ‘that looks fun I’ll give it a go’ although my second thought is ‘whoa that’s an expensive bit of kit’!

1 Like

This popped up on my fb feed and may help for photographs etc. could be covered on the inside with a wallpaper design to represent a wall.

1 Like