Best ways to promote your shop?

just do craft fairs they are the best once a month,.

1 Like

There is quite a lot of evidence to indicate that facebook is merely paying click farms to like and click on paid for posts and advertisements and that, while it may look as though you are getting lots of new fans, the reality is that the majority of them will never interact with your page again. Because of the way that facebook now bottlenecks most page posts it means that your posts are then less likely to reach your true fans than they did before you paid for facebook advertising.

I’ve also been hearing quite a bit about the likelihood of facebook fan pages soon becoming an entirely paid for service (they have shareholders now after all). Meaning that no-one will see your posts unless you pay for it … they’re half way there already.

I’m trying to decide on a better platform to promote on … maybe tumblr or something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions for good alternatives?

2 Likes

Not sure if it is a best way, but it doesn’t require any effort.

Create a signature for your email. This will then get attached to every email you send out.

Just a single catchy line with clickable link below it. If you will be advertising a seasonal stuff, then make sure you update it as the season will be over and you do not rub the people the wrong way by banging on about summer sunshine in November :wink:

Hi,
I use pintrest; not just for my own creations but also for everything that I like and love on folksy; the same goes for my twitter account, but as yet still no sales and my shop veiws have taken a tumble this week.
Does anyone have any Ideas that would help???/
I am new to folksy and to computers so I dont really know what Im doing …any help would be great.
Also I would love to showcase sellers on my blog; but really dont know how. Can any one help ,
Natalie @Adornmentstudio

Natalie, we promote other sellers on our blog with a Friday Finds spot.
At present we are using the Alphabet for inspiration.
Here’s the latest post…

Hi
I have just been to see your lovely blog and signed up to follow
I have also tweeted, pined; re-bloged and shared on my fb.
Not sure that I have anything Alphabet worthy…unless B is for bracelet, or box…maybe S is for sale.
maybe you would like to check out my shop @Adornmentstudio and see what you think.
many thanks for your kind help
best regards Natalie :smiley:

Really liking your photo shots on the lace, makes a really interesting backdrop.
Thanks for following our blog, we are slowly, slowly getting noticed :smile:

1 Like

This is really interesting. My facebook page has always been really active but over the last few months, despite still posting regularly, the interaction seems to have dwindled. It has left me feeling really disheartened as I thought I was doing everything right, but I now feel this could be due to Facebook changing the goalposts.

I’ve found it hard going too, craft fairs in my area are disappointing due to the lack of people, my followers on twitter all want to sell me something and facebook can be like talking to yourself.
It can be really disheartening when other people around seem to be doing so much better.

I love your blog - such wonderful photos on there too - if you get stuck on your alphabet when you get to U for upcyling or V for vintage can you consider us? how cheeky am i?

Thank you for reading it!
We’ll put you on the list for the Letter U.
Loving your Aga airer, just need the Aga :smile:

Thanks so much - sorry I can’t provide the Aga - I inherited mine with the house which was so lucky. Though not so great in this hot weather phew!

I also struggle on here to get views, but found the old forums so un-user friendly that I gave up on posting in here - have come back to find a much better interface.

I have a facebook page, twitter account etc. but do find that I get very little interaction.

I have a blog that I’m looking for guest bloggers for, so if anyone would like to write a post for it, get in touch! My guest blog posts get views regularly even when they are quite old…

That is such a great idea. I’ve just followed your blog and hope to see lots of inspiration from fellow sellers.
P.s. If you get stuck when you get to ‘Q’ my shop name is ‘quietlycreative’ !
:wink:

Thank you for following!
Just taken a look at your shop and we’ve marked you down for the letter O.
Such unusual jewellery :smile:

Thank you! Have a lovely Sunday :smiley:

Just had a quick look at your jewellery - its very unusual and very lovely - will keep popping back

Thanks very much :blush: I’m just having a little browse of your shop too, will definitely be back - love a bit of upcycling!

Twitter takes time to build but is definitely worth it. Link your FB page and schedule tweets regularly. Reply to people, thank them for RTing and mentions. If people Rt something of yours respond in kind. Follow only those you want to follow, check out their timelines first. Do some posts about other stuff besides listings. Ive had sales through twitter.
FB is still viable if you make the effort. Get talking to other people. Share their posts on your personal page. If you have a lot of other peoples stuff on your business page customers will get confused. I didnt really get FB till recently but have been making more effort with my page and the reach has increased a lot.
Im still learning too, its an ongoing process. The main thing is… if YOU dont promote and keep on promoting you wont get sales.
Hope this helps a little.

Hi! have you tried instagram? it really helped me with marketing as you can add a link to your folksy shop. Also, it promotes global awareness of your products as people from all over the world can follow you… It does take a bit of time to maintain an instagram account but I think its worth it :slight_smile: hope this helps!