Black Friday Sale - did it work?

I had a second sale yesterday - another customer who seemed unaware of the discount code. The same weekend last year I had 7 sales without a discount! Never mind, November sales as a whole have been higher than last year. It will be interesting to hear what the overall sales figures were like for The Black Friday sale. Thank you to Folksy staff who put so much effort into the promotion.

2 Likes

No sales, but yet again I saw loads of things I want to buy! In my life it is ever thus :grinning:

1 Like

I too had a sale because of @ciesse 's ā€˜no black friday discountā€™ promotion and some others (including an expensive item going to the states) without having a black friday discount, leading to my best month yet on folksy. Not feeling the need to join in with black friday next year.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I donā€™t have all the figures yet but our analytics are showing that Black Friday and Cyber Monday were our two busiest days so far this year for both sales and visits. So a huge thanks to everyone who took part, shared, tweeted and supported it.

Hopefully, the increased views and sales will be good for everyone, even if it didnā€™t lead to any promotional sales for you over that weekend. Every new customer we pick up is good news, especially if they love your products and come back for more later, and if they tell other people about all the wonderful things there are on Folksy - word of mouth is the best promotion there is.

In January Iā€™ll analyse the stats for the whole year to see how the Black Friday promotion affected sales over that weekend and also to see if it has any knock-on effect for Christmas sales compared with other years, so we can decide what to do in 2016.

9 Likes

I wonder if you should take account of sales postponed from previous weeks in anticipation of future bargainsā€¦

4 Likes

Well done! Iā€™m glad the discount code worked! :slight_smile:

I think it worked! I had a sale yesterday too and lots of views over the weekend and rolling into this week. It would be interesting to know how many new ā€œviewersā€ we all had-people who were persuaded to look at Folksy for the first time because of the Black Friday promotion.

Love Sam x

2 Likes

I had one sale for a few items, directly after I shared a graphic with the BLACKFRIDAY code on Facebook, so I was pleased my promotion worked in one instance!!
My views are up loads too, hopefully people will come back soon to purchase :slight_smile:ļø
Teresa

3 Likes

After a recent quiet spell, I was chuffed to sell 8 of my lino prints to people using my BLACKFRIDAY code on Folksy. I went mad on the promotion to drag people to my shop but I was pleased that it worked. Thank you Folksy - Iā€™ll defo be doing this again next year. : )

6 Likes

Hi Julie
Pleased you did well . You live in one of my favourite places .

Thanks Bluebell. I am lucky to live here!! And now I have had to buy one of your beautiful iridescent pencil pots!!! :smile:

I didnā€™t make any sales over the weekend, but Iā€™m still hoping that Iā€™ve had exposure through all the social media advertising I did linked to my Folksy shop.

Iā€™m not disappointed though, as itā€™s only one small window of time over the whole year.

Onwards and upwards!!

1 Like