Box frame supplier

Hi All, hoping some of you folks can help me!

I’ve been asked to look into making a beaded wire name, & my potential customer has asked if I’d be able to frame it in a box frame. I’ve been having a google & found a few options, but I know there are people on here who use them in their designs so just thought I’d ask if anyone has any recommendations? It wouldn’t need to be really deep, just deeper than a standard flat frame - even just a 1 - 1.5cm gap would probably do. Bare wood would probably be best - thinking I will drill into them to fix the name, & then I could paint it if necessary.

In this instance the name is quite short, so I think it would probably work in a square frame. If I’m going to offer it as a future listing though I’d need to be able to get hold of rectangular frames too for longer names.

Any recommendations gratefully received!
Thanks,
Dee

I buy all my frames and box frames from Hobbycraft, well made and free delivery over £20

2 Likes

Thanks Caroline, I did spot those so fab if they’re good quality as I think they were quite reasonably priced too compared to others I saw. There’s one near me so I might just pop in & have a look (dangerous though, I always come out with more than intended!) Doesn’t look as if they have any rectangular ones though sadly. Wonder why most places only seem to have square ones?!

1 Like

Hope you can find what you want.

1 Like

Hi Dee

I buy mine from The Range. The quality is mostly good and they always refund if I am not happy!

Hope this helps.

Carol

1 Like

Ah fab thanks Carol. Just googled & apparently there is one on the same block as Hobbycraft in Stockport, never knew it was there! I feel a shopping trip is in order :grin:

1 Like

I don’t have a local Hobbycraft so I can’t compare. It will be interesting to see what you think. Happy shopping!

1 Like

my dad makes them, so is pretty accomodating about custom sizes… unfortunately he’s taking a break at the moment.
his shop’s here for future reference though

https://folksy.com/shops/JFTCarpentry/collections/122261-frames

1 Like

The Range and Wilco also sell them.

1 Like

Thanks Fiona, I did have a search in Folksy (I always try & buy from a fellow Folksy shop if possible) & found your Dad’s shop. Do you know when he’s likely to reopen? I’m going to try the shops suggested but have a feeling most will only stock square ones, so I might need a supplier for custom sizing in future :slight_smile:

Thanks Joy, I will add Wilko to the list! Although that’s another dangerous shop for me - so much stuff you never knew you needed!! :rofl: