Break in in London

Well I had a break in and can you believe it that they stole all my cards? I had put the cards up for sale and they where stolen along with a lot of other things. I have endless break ins here and wondered if I should not move up to the country for a change any ideas? I put the shop on holiday mode until I made some new stock. Gabrielle. Why would anyone steal cards and my clothes!!?

Oh dear, how horrible for you :frowning: Sending much sympathy and hugs

As someone who grew up in London I can definitely recommend living not-in-London, the quality of life here is so much better. There are things I miss but I can always visit!

1 Like

yes I agree and they stole my perfume! I thought about Whales.

1 Like

Stevie…not East Anglia then! Hope you have a wonderful sunny day

Wales is lovely, I can see it from my bedroom window :slight_smile: And you won’t believe how much you save living out of London.

2 Likes

Awww, that’s horrible, I am sorry to read this. I cannot imagine how you feel. Hope things improve for you soon.

Sorry to hear about the break in - having been broken into I know it is a scary thing, we were in a rented place and moved on a soon as we could as I didn’t feel safe any more having chased the bloke out of the flat. Its not much of a silverlining but my understanding is that burglars are normally after stuff they can flog on easily so they obviously saw potential in your cards!
Hoping for an upturn in your luck.
Sasha

What a horrid thing to happen. I hope they catch whoever did this to you.

1 Like

First of all I’m sorry to hear about your Break in. I agree don’t live in London. We live in the South West its so much cleaner and less hussle and bussle. My hubby works in London Monday to Friday, he gets there by train on a Monday morning. He’s always there by 10.30 every Monday & back here at 5.30 on Friday evening unless there’s a problem with the trains. Its so easy to get to these day’s.

1 Like

I think you are right I have actually arranged to go and see someone today about selling the house its in a good location so it wont last. Country is much nicer Lancashire is also lovely!zx

Sorry to hear about your break-in, Gabrielle. Burglaries can happen anywhere though and I think London’s OK! You don’t need a car to get around, you have loads of facilities, when I’m in my garden it’s as good as the countryside. My OH loves the music scene. I can walk to Wimbledon Common, Morden Hall Park and Cannizaro Park, get a bus or train to Richmond Park or Bushy Park. I can walk to the hospital for OP appointments. My grandaughter has friends of different nationalities, skin tones and religions. I don’t have to go to the sort of local shops which don’t stock anything you want. My house has never been broken into (although someone did walk in through an unlocked back door and pinch a few things while we were watching “Pirates of the Caribbean”!) I suppose it can depend what sort of area of London you live in, but there are good and bad people wherever you go (a lot more good than bad though, I believe).

1 Like

That’s awful, I’d feel terrible about that, I’d rather they took a TV or High fi, rather than my stock and clothes, obviously it would be better if it didn’t happen at all. You say you have endless break-ins, have you got a good alarm, and other forms of security. I live in a ground floor flat in London (one of 3 in a big house) We have scrolly bars (so it doesn’t resemble a prison!!) on the side and back windows, and door, to put off any opportunists. Anything to make it more awkward and more hassle, so they move on. I love the countryside too, as London is awfully crowded. Ideally I’d love to live by the coast, but I like the fact that London is a big melting pot of culture, and it’s nice to mix with people from different backgrounds, eat different foods, endless places to go, lovely big parks, and I love the fact you can be totally anonymous - no one meddling in your business as im a very private person. Anyway I hope you find the right answer, good luck.

Suzanne :o)

1 Like

Yes I think they should have taken the t.v. they did take the microwave…hmmm.

Well i think a move is a good idea as its not the first time we’ve had this issue. The good thing is one can always visit london!

I moved from London to Wales and just LOVE it…we had a semi on a busy London road…and now have a 4 bedroom detached house overlooking the sea…(for the same price),…the people here are lovely and I have no wish to even go back for a visit !

1 Like

we did the move and love it here in Wales…3 bed semi, now 4 bed detached overlooking the sea

1 Like

Well the great news is I sold the house this week and can get my dream home in Whales so maybe it will all work out I can even get a house with a big garden. Why on earth ddn’t i sell up earlier?? it was good because my property is in very central London so sold fast.Am definatly moving to whales and no I wont go back for a visit either…

i will put cards on again next week at least I will get a nice size garden!!!